Share Collage Tastes

I think that Hammerheart is overrated too. If I had to choose one of the post-Blood Fire Death albums, Blood on Ice is better than Hammerheart in basically every facet.

agreed, but i'm not super into viking bathory in general. wish there was a full album of songs like the bookends of BLOOD FIRE DEATH.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. I just find the Hammerheart worship weird when Blood on Ice is just better. At the risk of agreeing with HBB, I'd have to say that Manowar is significantly better than Viking era Bathory.

I'd like to hear the album you describe.

Manowar at their peak are better than 99% of bands so that's not exactly controversial but Hammerheart, Twilight of the Gods and Blood on Ice are all much more consistent than any Manowar album released to date imo. Manowar released an album with "Mountains" on it, Bathory released Mountains: the album.

It's all a matter of what you want and I've never been huge on the more basic, stupid songs like "All Men Play On 10" etc.

I think it gets plenty of love, especially among the in-crowd. And yeah Secret of Steel is an amazing song, pretty atypical of them in a way imo.

Warlord kinda spoils things a bit though.