Share your Steven Slate drumkits here...

a little OT but, for those who use SD 2.0 and SSD, when you replace Superior Drummer's snare with SSD, what do you do with the bleed? I mean, do you mute the SD snare so there is no "original" snare coming trough the OH and Room? if so, doesn't it affect the "illusion" of the replaced snare being in the room with the rest of the drums? is it just fine to use 100% replaced SSD snare with some reverb on it?

thanks

a little OT but, for those who use SD 2.0 and SSD, when you replace Superior Drummer's snare with SSD, what do you do with the bleed? I mean, do you mute the SD snare so there is no "original" snare coming trough the OH and Room? if so, doesn't it affect the "illusion" of the replaced snare being in the room with the rest of the drums? is it just fine to use 100% replaced SSD snare with some reverb on it?

thanks

I've been wondering the same, except I use the Reason Drums refill...same principle, though.

when i go into superior i am going like this

midi chan 3 = soft snare
midi chan 4 = hard
midi chan 5 = Crack
midi chan 6 = tom 1
midi chan 7 = tom 1 soft
midi chan 8 = tom 2
midi chan 9 = tom 2 soft
mid chan 10 = tom 3
midi chan 11= tom 3 soft
midi chan 12 = kick soft
i change the channels in reapers midi right click the note and change the channel of the note.

so when i mutli out superior i also add the slate channels from aptrigga which don't pick up on audio just the midi channel

also for snares (not only slate)
i am going snare 22 or 21 z1 snare 11z4 joey snare then my own spaun snare i sampled and then of course to give it some breath and dynamics i use the real superior snare ( evil drums) and blend it in

Snares: 22, 12, 15
Kick: 10
Toms: Fat Toms, Metal Toms

I'll usually end up blending slate samples with samples collected off this forum though.

Thanks for the info Ryan :)

Also, anybody got/know any sites for decent snare verbs? Impulses I mean

There are lots of great samples and they are all good for different styles of music. Snares 10.11.12 and green snare laltely. Kick 10,15 quik and nevertoms. Never toms are HUGE but only 2 of them (realy odd!) these are the best toms in SSD for me I pitch shift them to emulate different tom sizes )) SSD does not realy need lots of post processing, just some EQ cuts here nad there and parallel compression sometimes. What I do not like in SSD: Kicks are often to bassy to me and have too much low end. The main thing I hate in snares is that bottom wires are not tweakable, To my ear it is too much of the bottom mic in almost all snares they have a great attack but this annoying sustain going out of the bottom mic kills me )) and you can do nothing with it. Some toms are way too boomy and have some strange resonance in the lower mids..
BTW would be interesting to know what samples do some well-known producers use (if they do). I heard that Jens bogren uses SSD a lot lately, Chimaira and Devildriver sound similar to SSD also...

SSD kicks are too bassy?! Which kicks are you using sir?!

I agree with the toms though, they do seem to have a strange resonance in the lower mids!

i love Kick 1B usually blend it with the "brian" kick i got from the site. Snare 15 i like alot, i usually use the FAT TOMS

if anybody has the deluxe samples i love the herur crank snare(i think?) by its self but it any metal mix ive done with a blast beat its so annoying.

probably isnt the question to ask here, but anybody know why trigger doesn't come with slate cymbal samples?

slate snare, snare3, Snare 5,snare 21, snare 22 are my favos I think

Kick 5, 10 & 15 work for me, dont use them that often though

never liked the toms that much

Been using Kick 1B blended with Kick 17, but I take out a huge amount of 40Hz out of Kick 17 since Kick1B seems to peak right around 40. Both of them together seem to mesh; sub-punch with thickness.

Snare 22 blended with ToneDef snare is what I've been satisfied with.

probably isnt the question to ask here, but anybody know why trigger doesn't come with slate cymbal samples?

Because TRIGGER is to replace drums, not cymbals. You can make you own TCI of some cymbals if you want and see how well that turns out trying to replace some :lol:

Anybody have any Arch Enemy sounding kits they wanna share? I'd kill for that...so much power behind the drums.... /drool