Steven Slate Drums EX?

Slate

Jan 2, 2007
I'm posting this here since we have a lot of metal users and quite a few users from this specific forum and I value your feedback..

Given the rough global economy I realize money is tight... So we are considering releasing an SSD 3.0 EX... this would have 10 drumkits, two metal kits, two pop kits, four rock kits, and two vintage kits.. none of them would be the official models, but they'd be 10 really slammin kits. It would be downloadable and be $99 bucks.

Are there many people here who want to buy our drum software but couldn't because of the price, that WOULD seriously consider the EX pack at this price point? Also, how would the downloadable factor influence your decision?

I really appreciate all your feedback... and we begin next week recording a new cymbal pack with an emphasis on more mix ready rock and metal cymbals.. as according to the demand on this very forum!

Are the new cymbals somthing that is gonna be rolled out in an update via the Native service center? Or is it gonna be a expansion pack that we purchase or somthing?

I would say do the EX for sure! Im sure ALOT of people would just on that with the samples you put out.

Are there many people here who want to buy our drum software but couldn't because of the price, that WOULD seriously consider the EX pack at this price point? Also, how would the downloadable factor influence your decision?

My cash situation sucks atm because I am studying at uni, but I know that I will buy your drum software someday, I've been drooling your kits since version 2.0, they sound like tits. :headbang:

I think that it would be nice alternative, that if you would have extra packs to buy, kinda like with the Line6 POD. So that you can get the actual software for quite cheap and it comes with those 10 kits, but then you can buy extra kits say "1 kit for $10", "3 kits for $20", "10 kits for $40" or so based on you need, and then you can alternatively buy the whole package for ~30% discount and get any future updates for 5 years on top of it for free etc.

This is a wonderful i dea Steven, i was waiting for something like that, i was about to propose that you could sell single kits or let say, snares, or kicks separately at and affordable price or something like that, but the EX is a great idea, but having said that are new different kits, and not doubt about it, i hope the new kits to have that great quality the official kits have.

Please do it, and post some demos!!!

P.S. the Downlable factor is Great!!

I'm really interested in this!
The cymbals included in 2.0 really works wonders with some processing. The only thing that's bothering me is the hihats, the hardest hits feels too weak.
If the new pack would include a kick modelled of the "The Way of All Flesh" (Gojira) kick I would definitely buy it!

// Extremly satisfied customer

And would we get SSD player with EX? Definitely gonna buy it, LE is just a bit too much for me :/

Being a 1.5 user, it doesn't really appeal. Personally, I would sooner pay for a cut-down product that just contained gogs, with all the kits, minus your standalone sampler program & the cymbals. I would imagine there are some folks out there like me who only want the samples for drum augmentation purposes, and not for flat-out sequencing.

Sounds like something I may have been interested in a few years ago, but I'm more into the full version of products that offer multiple versions these days.

As for an expanded cymbal pack for 3.0 - this would be amazing!!!

Being a 1.5 user, it doesn't really appeal. Personally, I would sooner pay for a cut-down product that just contained gogs, with all the kits, minus your standalone sampler program & the cymbals. I would imagine there are some folks out there like me who only want the samples for drum augmentation purposes, and not for flat-out sequencing.

HUGE +1.