Steven Slate Drums EX?

One kit, I don't think you've modeled yet Steven, is my favorite rock kit of all time... APC Thirteenth Step... I don't hear anything in those clips on your site that is close to the sheer awesomeness of those drums... if you or anyone has a recommendation to one that maybe I've missed (cause I have admittedly not listened to all of them), please make it known.

Other than that... depending on what is in the EX, i may or may not buy it I'm liking certain kits, but I'm thinking the ones I like wont be in there...

Would be great (probably unlikely, though) if you could allow the purchaser to choose which 15 sets they want... and if that is possible, i wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the customization possibilities... I definitely dont need 45 kits though...

Being a 1.5 user, it doesn't really appeal. Personally, I would sooner pay for a cut-down product that just contained gogs, with all the kits, minus your standalone sampler program & the cymbals. I would imagine there are some folks out there like me who only want the samples for drum augmentation purposes, and not for flat-out sequencing.

+Motherfucking infinity

So EX is $129 and has 15 kits, easy upgrade path to Platinum, for an even $200.

Im all over this as soon as it comes out as it stands i just cant justify getting slate samples but 15 kits for $129 and im sold but please if you can, make it downloadable for the extra win factor:kickass:

+1 from above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sell your kits individually!!!!!!! Ive listened to samples on your webpage, and picked out a few kits that would work GREAT for me!!! Im in Canada, so after conversion, it's tough to justify 300-500$ for 1 or 2 drumkits I MUST have!!!!! But , lets say you sell some kits individually for 15-20$ a piece, you might have a lot more business then you expected.

+1 from above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sell your kits individually!!!!!!! Ive listened to samples on your webpage, and picked out a few kits that would work GREAT for me!!! Im in Canada, so after conversion, it's tough to justify 300-500$ for 1 or 2 drumkits I MUST have!!!!! But , lets say you sell some kits individually for 15-20$ a piece, you might have a lot more business then you expected.

His exact statement from the top of the page is "Selling kit by kit isn't possible with our licensing deal at this point."

you should be able to do most of what you would need with 15 kits for only $129 ... thats a pretty badass price for a lot of badass drums

I really hope this is going to happen. I think this could work out very well business wise as your price is lower than EZ drummer and Addictive Drums while your kits sound better and (depending on the selection) might also give more varied application possibilities. This should give you a very good position in the lower end of the market. Are you planning to include the sample player or is it just going to be the samples?

yes this would include the player.. we're going to try to implement the system... the download will not be extremely easy but its possible of course. Thanks a MILLION for the feedback here, your comments have proven to be extremely helpful to us over the years.

I'd buy it.. but my concern is if we are actually gonna get GOOD kits for $99.

I don't think Steven would release any kits that he didn't consider "good" ;) Though if you mean metal kits, I think judging from the OP he's planning on trimming it down to just those!

yes this would include the player.. we're going to try to implement the system... the download will not be extremely easy but its possible of course. Thanks a MILLION for the feedback here, your comments have proven to be extremely helpful to us over the years.

Great news. I think including the player is a wise decision as part of the market your aiming at will not have drumagog or aptrigga.

BTW: Don't forget to include the old zep kit ;)

I think it's a good idea, and I might have bought it instead of platinum if they were kits I particularly wanted. With platinum, there are a lot I don't really use. I kinda like having them around though... even for just writing/recording your own music, using a different drum sound from what you typically use can be nice to change the feel of the song...

Sweet news about the new cymbals aimed at metal... sounds good... the quicker that happens the better! lol. Have you thought about any albums you're going to use for reference for cymbals in heavier music? I'm sure we could give a bunch of suggestions

I think the smaller, cheaper package is a great thing to offer, especially with the download option. Great move.

Off topic, but is there any way for those of us who bought LE to get the standalone player now that it is available?