Steven Slate Drums EX?

Maybe instead of doing this, you could release like a genre related LE edition.....Like 3 metal kits. 99 bucks ....3 rock kits 99bucks and so on...... Shit Ezdrummer is 149 plus the EZX DKFH for another 75.....thats $225 and you only get 2 kits....and the orginal one is shitty.

I would buy it right now. I actually was hoping there was an option like this. I did a search and thought this was an old thread, but it's 2 days old meaning it isn't out yet. But I cannot afford Platnium right now, and Slate drums were my next purchase, and an option like this helps out hugely.

I'm posting this here since we have a lot of metal users and quite a few users from this specific forum and I value your feedback..

Given the rough global economy I realize money is tight... So we are considering releasing an SSD 3.0 EX... this would have 10 drumkits, two metal kits, two pop kits, four rock kits, and two vintage kits.. none of them would be the official models, but they'd be 10 really slammin kits. It would be downloadable and be $99 bucks.

Are there many people here who want to buy our drum software but couldn't because of the price, that WOULD seriously consider the EX pack at this price point? Also, how would the downloadable factor influence your decision?

I really appreciate all your feedback... and we begin next week recording a new cymbal pack with an emphasis on more mix ready rock and metal cymbals.. as according to the demand on this very forum!

Steve,

This is a good idea, but a better idea would be offering downloads of your kits a la carte. There are only a few kits out of your packages that really appeal to me, and I don't want to drop $300+ to only use a few of them.

I'd probably go for the EX, but it depends on how they sound.

EDIT: I saw that you aren't able/willing to do a la carte due to licensing....sorry.

I felt the need to post again

ID BE ALL OVER THIS LIKE A TRIPLE CUNTED HOOKER WOULD BE ALL OVER THE WORLDS BIGGEST DICK.

Believe it.

ok we are working on it.. thanks again guys..

also, we still plan on making a virtual drum locker... what is this? This means we make a little audio snippet of every drum and cymbal in BOTH rooms so potential customers will hear exactly the sounds they are getting.. so for snares.. a little snare roll and some smacks.. some tom hits, cymbal crashes.. etc.. sound helpful?

ok we are working on it.. thanks again guys..

also, we still plan on making a virtual drum locker... what is this? This means we make a little audio snippet of every drum and cymbal in BOTH rooms so potential customers will hear exactly the sounds they are getting.. so for snares.. a little snare roll and some smacks.. some tom hits, cymbal crashes.. etc.. sound helpful?

It does... actually... I'm thinking about going with the platinum, I just need to hear some more awesome demos...

Oh and I'll be at the Kitting Factory this Saturday, yo. You guys, better tear that place apart...

Off topic, but is there any way for those of us who bought LE to get the standalone player now that it is available?

Bumpity bump for Mr. Slate. Tried to go to the Slate website to ask, but all I got is the header and the rest of the page is black. On doing a refresh, I got a server error. Must be doing some updates?

EDIT: Got in using firefox, so e-mailed my question there. Page just doesn't like IE right now I guess.

yeah virtual drum locker is in the works... as for EX packs... how about this:

Steven Slate Drums Platinum = everything we make, every kit, cymbal, etc.. $329

Steven Slate Drums EX Pack = 10 all purpose kits (2 metal, 3 rock, 1 Nashville, 2 vintage, 1 reggae, 1 Zep Kit) $99

Then.. EX Expansions a la carte for $49 and come 4 kits each... METAL HEAVEN would have Metallica, Pantera, Deftones, Dream Theater... Then VINTAGE CLASSIC would have Steely Dan, and some new Vintage kits for $49... Then the MODERN ROCKER pack would have another 8 for $99... etc.. So the EX pack starts with the player, all the others are expansions for the player.. kinda like the toontrack EZ system.. Sound good? So basically you'll cover a lot of ground with the original pack, but can always add on as you wish... Or the Bigtimers can just get Platinum..

Hows this sound?

yeah virtual drum locker is in the works... as for EX packs... how about this:

Steven Slate Drums Platinum = everything we make, every kit, cymbal, etc.. $329

Steven Slate Drums EX Pack = 10 all purpose kits (2 metal, 3 rock, 1 Nashville, 2 vintage, 1 reggae, 1 Zep Kit) $99

Then.. EX Expansions a la carte for $49 and come 4 kits each... METAL HEAVEN would have Metallica, Pantera, Deftones, Dream Theater... Then VINTAGE CLASSIC would have Steely Dan, and some new Vintage kits for $49... Then the MODERN ROCKER pack would have another 8 for $99... etc.. So the EX pack starts with the player, all the others are expansions for the player.. kinda like the toontrack EZ system.. Sound good? So basically you'll cover a lot of ground with the original pack, but can always add on as you wish... Or the Bigtimers can just get Platinum..

Hows this sound?

If I was a chick id be wet right now that sounds fracking sweet:headbang::headbang:
How soon before this will be available??

we're gonna start setting it up now.. I'm on the hunt for a nice room for the vintage drumkits extras..

and if you are in the Los Angeles area, Blackline is gonna be rocking the Knitting Factory at 9:15, email me support@stevenslatedrums.com for free tix.. Audiophile email me so I can get you on the will call list