Steven Slate Drums EX?

I just got plat today. Fucking right these sound great. PERRRFECT for the rock project I am doing right now (good lord some of these kicks are sooo fat).

Anyhow, stupid ass question: Any way to get more than 1 crash cym in 1 instance of kontact? Or do I need to load another and use a different midi ch?

If so, well then that kind of blows, I would have rather had them all mapped to a different key honestly :erk:.

Yeah, that sounds great. That's a definite must have for me. I really like the idea of expansion packs because I only record my band and me, and pretty much all we play is metal so I don't need to many of the other kit's.

Do it up Steven, if I didnt pony up for Superior 2.0 (which im NOT in love with, oh so much tweaking) I would own platinum. But the EX package sounds like it would work great for me! Id LOVE to be able to choose my 4 kits for the 50$ :D

so...can i have just the metal heaven and the modern rock packs without having to buy the SSD EX?
because its pointless to me having 1 Nashville, 2 vintage, 1 reggae and 1 Zep Kit that i will never use...

i think it will be a better idea to have like you said "different expansions" ala ezdrummer
but it would be awesome if that expansions will be independent from each other.
like :
SSD EX Reggae
SSD EX Vintage
SSD EX Rock
SSD EX Metal
SSD EX Pop
etc etc

Yeah, if it's going to be downloadable, why couldn't it be that everyone can make their "custom ex" package, by picking and buying only the kits they need.

yeah virtual drum locker is in the works... as for EX packs... how about this:

Steven Slate Drums Platinum = everything we make, every kit, cymbal, etc.. $329

Steven Slate Drums EX Pack = 10 all purpose kits (2 metal, 3 rock, 1 Nashville, 2 vintage, 1 reggae, 1 Zep Kit) $99

Then.. EX Expansions a la carte for $49 and come 4 kits each... METAL HEAVEN would have Metallica, Pantera, Deftones, Dream Theater... Then VINTAGE CLASSIC would have Steely Dan, and some new Vintage kits for $49... Then the MODERN ROCKER pack would have another 8 for $99... etc.. So the EX pack starts with the player, all the others are expansions for the player.. kinda like the toontrack EZ system.. Sound good? So basically you'll cover a lot of ground with the original pack, but can always add on as you wish... Or the Bigtimers can just get Platinum..

Hows this sound?
i like this idea. I think most beginners are afraid to dump 300 plus on a platinum package. 99 bux plus 50 for expansion is great. That is inexpensive enough to get people to stop using the same old crappy samples they find on sites and start buying these and use prosounds. my opinion at least. makes me want to buy.

i like this idea. I think most beginners are afraid to dump 300 plus on a platinum package. 99 bux plus 50 for expansion is great. That is inexpensive enough to get people to stop using the same old crappy samples they find on sites and start buying these and use prosounds. my opinion at least. makes me want to buy.

I like more the idea of buying the packs independently from each other without having to buy the EX
something like:
99$ for 8 modern rock kits
and
50$ for 4 metalkits
=
150$ that i would happily spend for 12 kits that i know i will be using
in all my recordings.

Yeah what the Zeronaut said. It is pointless to have nashville and vintage stuff for me as I would never use them. All I would need are metal drums. But that is just me.
I own SD 2.0 and don't like the snare. I couldn't fork out another 200 bucks for another drum library so the SSD "metal pack" would be a relly good solution. I would definitely buy it.

This sounds like a perfect product with fantastic options to me! Where do I sign up??!! :)

Oh, and I'm a newbie to Slate stuff (just been using EZdrummer) but will be buying soon whether it's the package being discussed here or LE as I LOVE the sounds. As such, I do have a question - are the samples all MIDI such that they can be edited?? Or is it just some of them are and others are wav's or whatever?

Keep in mind that the original EX pack will have two killer metal kits, as well as four rock kits which basically gives you four more snares to use with the two metal kicks that will be included (kick5 and 15).. The advantage to having the EX-1 have a little bit of everything is its a good sell for most people who do a variety of music... and then for the extra $50 you get all the other metal stuff (Metallica, Dream Theater, Panty, Deftones).. Also, any of my rock kicks (like Kick1A for instance) can be tweaked to sound metal, same with toms. Crank 5khz, drop a bit of 400Hz, little more compression.. done.

Man Slate that sounds amazing. Perfect really. Best price, highest quality samples. Can you argue? I can't ha.

I will buy this imidiately!!!!
Like you´ve writtin, I dont need 100000... kits I just need a couple of great kits. Just for back up if the drummer I record have a fucked up kit.
Or the project sucked because I have to edit to much, that a natural sound is impossible.
But when I can hear the drums in this small package?
I do records with a lot of different bands with different styles so I need something that works for

metal:
Killswitch style
Parkway drive
deathcore shit like (all shall perish, suicide silence, job for a cowboy)
first blood
Bury us all (the new records have an amazing drumsound)

Punk/Hardcore:
Comeback kid (wake up the dead have one of finest natural sounding drums I´ve ever heart in my life)
Blink 182
Greenday
deftones

Pop/vintage:
block party
Queens of the stoneage
foo fighters

Dont get me wrong;) I dont expect your drumsamples from the cheapest pack to sound accurately like the bands I´ve written
just to get some kits in the style of the sound.

Thanks for the amazing work steven!!!

That looks like perfect for me! :) I haven't had a good drum VSTi for quite some time since i went 100% legit. I was always considering buying EZdrummer but Slate Drums EX appeal way more to me!

Just a few more things I need answered/confirmed:

• Does the VSTi have multiple outs so I could trigger a sample that's not included in the Slate sample pack (e.g. one I got from the various helpful guys on this board)?
  • Download-only is fine for me but I'd really appreciate it, if it was possible to re-download at a later time in case of a harddrive fail or whatsoever (Yes, I make backups but who knows, one day they might fail as well and CDs get lost and so on...).
  • All the Slate-samples are pre-processed, right? The dry recordings aren't included in any of your products, are they?
  • How can we Europeans pay for your stuff? (I'm talking about a safe and reliable money-transfer system here.)
  • What are the system requirements? Couldn't find them on the webpage...

yeah virtual drum locker is in the works... as for EX packs... how about this:

Steven Slate Drums Platinum = everything we make, every kit, cymbal, etc.. $329

Steven Slate Drums EX Pack = 10 all purpose kits (2 metal, 3 rock, 1 Nashville, 2 vintage, 1 reggae, 1 Zep Kit) $99

Then.. EX Expansions a la carte for $49 and come 4 kits each... METAL HEAVEN would have Metallica, Pantera, Deftones, Dream Theater... Then VINTAGE CLASSIC would have Steely Dan, and some new Vintage kits for $49... Then the MODERN ROCKER pack would have another 8 for $99... etc.. So the EX pack starts with the player, all the others are expansions for the player.. kinda like the toontrack EZ system.. Sound good? So basically you'll cover a lot of ground with the original pack, but can always add on as you wish... Or the Bigtimers can just get Platinum..

Hows this sound?

This sounds awesome! How soon do you think this can be available? :kickass:

EX would replace the LE pack... the EX would be easier for entry level market because its more "pay as you go".. Sure it will be more savings to get the $329 pack but the ala carte EX system has its advantages:

- for single genre recording guys, which many metal guys are, its cheaper
- it allows you to spread out payments of kits over a longer period of time
- it allows you to customize your drum locker just how you want it

also new additions coming:
new hi hat, new 20" crash

New enhancements to our midi scripting to make the drums play even smoother and more human like... its a really cool code update that further enhances the whole software package.

EX Package due out in late april, early may..