Steven Slate Drums EX?

This sounds really cool but... I've been waiting so long as it is, I finally broke down and order LE. I listened to the samples on the website forever and decided there are so many sick kits in the LE package, that I could justify not waiting to afford Platinum.

I'd love to be able to pick up a few more kits though, like the Pantera or other metal kits not included in LE. I couldn't really justify Platinum for my needs either, as I'll never (well likely never) use a Nashville, reggae, or something like the zep kit. (Although they sound great.)

Genre packs sound pretty cool.

also new additions coming:
new hi hat, new 20" crash

New enhancements to our midi scripting to make the drums play even smoother and more human like... its a really cool code update that further enhances the whole software package.

EX Package due out in late april, early may..

Great news! Really interested in what the new vintage kits will be like :)

Question

I'm actually a complete noob with all this shit but this EX thing has me interested and I might just have to dive in. I was wondering what that "Paramore" cover/kit is on the full mix audio demo section of the site and would that be part of what is included in EX

Cheers!

EX Package due out in late april, early may..

I'm crossing my fingers for late April. I'm recording an old client of mine that is now in a pop/punk band the last week of April and we're mixing the first week of May.

yes platinum owners will get a download of the new stuff..

We'll be working out the EX system very soon.. I also am going to do another 5 snare pack expansion with some different positional options called the Snare N pack.. it will have completely seperate rimshot and center hit velocities that will be especially good for Vdrummers who want a very real feel when playing.

For what its worth, we'll be dropping our LE prices from $199 to $149 to make room for EX... in fact, most Sam Ash music stores will already have stock of LE for that price, and our direct order price will be dropping today.

Even with LE, you will still have an easy upgrade path to the Platinum, although it will not be a la carte like the EX.

That looks like perfect for me! :) I haven't had a good drum VSTi for quite some time since i went 100% legit. I was always considering buying EZdrummer but Slate Drums EX appeal way more to me!

Just a few more things I need answered/confirmed:
  • Does the VSTi have multiple outs so I could trigger a sample that's not included in the Slate sample pack (e.g. one I got from the various helpful guys on this board)?
  • Download-only is fine for me but I'd really appreciate it, if it was possible to re-download at a later time in case of a harddrive fail or whatsoever (Yes, I make backups but who knows, one day they might fail as well and CDs get lost and so on...).
  • All the Slate-samples are pre-processed, right? The dry recordings aren't included in any of your products, are they?
  • How can we Europeans pay for your stuff? (I'm talking about a safe and reliable money-transfer system here.)
  • What are the system requirements? Couldn't find them on the webpage...
Can someone comment please? Thanks. :)

The VSTi has multiple outs yes.

Most of the time you create a user account (like digidesign) and that stores all your programs and keys as long as you own the licence. I don't think Slate has this setup like that though (a good idea though if he is going to do downloads only).

All of the drum samples are processed, some more than others.

No idea how your going to pay for them other than what he has setup. I bought mine from sweetwater.com though since they ship from Illinois and Slate is located in CA (right?).

System requirements from the box (I assume they are going to be the same as LE and Platinum):

Mac: OS 10.4.x G4 2gHz or higher, 2GB RAM (I would say go higher here) - samples must be on at least a 5400 RPM hard drive, eSATA, Firewire 800 recommended.
PC: Windows XP SP2, 2 gHz or higher, 2GB RAM, -samples must be on at least a 5400 RPM hard drive, eSATA, Firewire 800 recommended.

Perhaps I missed it, but would LE owners get access/upgrade to the new pack along with Platinum owners? Oh, and again, are these all MIDI? I can't really tell if the stuff is mostly .wav's or all MIDI or a combination of both or.... (as you can tell, I'm a rookie with Slate stuff but that's changing soon).

Perhaps I missed it, but would LE owners get access/upgrade to the new pack along with Platinum owners? Oh, and again, are these all MIDI? I can't really tell if the stuff is mostly .wav's or all MIDI or a combination of both or.... (as you can tell, I'm a rookie with Slate stuff but that's changing soon).

They are wav and gog files that you trigger with your own MIDI sequences or from audio via Drumagog/apTrigga/etc.... MIDI isn't sound, it's impossible to supply a set of samples that are MIDI files.

They are wav and gog files that you trigger with your own MIDI sequences or from audio via Drumagog/apTrigga/etc.... MIDI isn't sound, it's impossible to supply a set of samples that are MIDI files.

Thanks. I know MIDI isn't sound. What I meant was were the samples/files MIDI based such that dropping a loop/sample/file into a DAW would yield something editable in MIDI. Think EZDrummer. At any rate, now I understand the approach better so thanks again for the info!

It comes with a Midi Player AND raw samples AND drumagog GOG files..

To make things clear.. the EX pack is the same drums from 3.0, just distributed differently in a la carte packs.

BTW, LE is changing to $149 today..