Announcing Steven Slate DELUXE METAL EX Pack

So, for people who currently own platinum, will this cost $50 or somewhere less than $50? just curious. this stuff adds up after a while.... $330 for platinum 2.0 + $70 to bring up to current update + this expansion for $50 = $450 now... breaking the kits up for people who'd like to pay less for more specific sounding drums was definitely a good idea, but bringing in new kits (possibly sounding much more natural and having a lot better cymbals/overheads.... I hope) like that might kinda piss off current platinum users, yeah?

I dunno, might just wait this time and see what the overheads/cymbals end up sounding like before dropping more money... new kits are cool, but I'm thinking the overheads are really what's going to make it or break it for most people on here, as that has been the biggest complaint...

Definitely agree with Dandelium about the Arch Enemy - Doomsday and Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache albums needing a look for something like this... those are two big time productions people refer to pretty often...

all I can say is that Deluxe will be a lot different in a cool way then the current platinum stuff... you don't have to get DELUXE, but it will be a great addition. It is recorded differently and had additional features. There will be specials for Plat and Le owner.

There is some really cool stuff going on, and you will find it out soon..

as for natural, the FREE 3.5 update will be amazing, it will feature the finest anti machine gun mode in any drum software, its really amazing.

Hey Steven. I don't have any of your other packs yet. I do have drumagog. Say I just want GOGS of the new metal pack. What exactly do I need to buy then?
This all sounds really interesting, but I seriously don't care about the cymbals. Mostly kicks & snares..
All the samples I've heard so far from people and your website sound really awesome!

Do you allready have a launch date for the metal pack?

So I know this isn't exactly the right thread for this, but it's the first one I could find and better to derail an established thread than start a new pointless one, right? :D Anyway, WHEN WILL SSD 3.0 EX (the $100 one) be released!?!?!?!?! I want it so badly, but can't afford LE :erk:

all I can say is that Deluxe will be a lot different in a cool way then the current platinum stuff... you don't have to get DELUXE, but it will be a great addition. It is recorded differently and had additional features. There will be specials for Plat and Le owner.

There is some really cool stuff going on, and you will find it out soon..

as for natural, the FREE 3.5 update will be amazing, it will feature the finest anti machine gun mode in any drum software, its really amazing.

Is the upgrade from 3.0 to 3.5 difficult? What about adding the EX kits?

I just used SSD for programming for the first time vs. sample replacement like I normally do and DAMN does it sound GREAT! I almost want to reprogram the drums to every band I record by hand, would sure be tighter :lol:

drumtracker, or kt drumtrigger, or drumagog MIDI out, or a multitude of other things and you could have the best of both worlds. Although i'm sure you know this already :loco:

EDIT: goddamn i need to check which page i'm looking at before i post...

The EX pack and the 3.5 Platinum/LE update will be out in July. The EX expansions will also be out, these will be a la carte packs to get you all the way up to what you get in Platinum.. All of these have raw wavs and GOGS.

Then the Deluxe... maybe August.. Deluxe will be quite amazing for MIDI drums... It might be very difficult to do GOGS with these because the sounds will rely on the stereo overheads.. you'd have to use a mono and two stereo instances of drumagog, and you'd have to make sure the close mic sample and OH sample are perfectly aligned to avoid phase issues. And there is the issue. Even if you set both instances of Drumagog exactly the same, the randomizing of the algorithm will mess it up. So until Drumagog adds a multi channel feature, the way to trigger deluxe will be an audio to MIDI converter plugin, which we are looking in to.

I don't think this has been asked in this thread or others.

Steven, is there any chance in the future of a demo version of SSD, like Addictive Drums has? It has the same layout, but only 1 snare, 1 kick, a hihat and a crash. Just so you can see how it fits in with your workflow and how you can manipulate the sounds. Slate drums aren't exactly my taste and I'd love to find out how easy it'd be to manipulate them to my taste, but I don't want to go and spend all the money to find out I can't find something that suits my sound.

Overall your package is pretty damn cheap and I may buy it anyway, but for a poor uni student in Au, a demo would offer that peace of mind that it is what I'm looking for.

The EX pack and the 3.5 Platinum/LE update will be out in July. The EX expansions will also be out, these will be a la carte packs to get you all the way up to what you get in Platinum.. All of these have raw wavs and GOGS.

OK, to be clear...You only mention the 3.5 update in referring to current platinum and LE users because EX will already be at the 3.5 level, right?

so by waiting until July, I will be able to buy EX for 99 bucks, which includes 10 kits, the player, and is at the 3.5 update level, correct?

If so, until July I will wait!

I don't get something.

Since the LE is being discontinued, then there will only be available the EX and the Platinum versions right? So the EX comes with 10 kits while the Platinum comes with 40 kits. So I have 3.0 LE, so should the EX include anything new? Apart from the Deluxe Metal pack?

I don't get something.

Since the LE is being discontinued, then there will only be available the EX and the Platinum versions right? So the EX comes with 10 kits while the Platinum comes with 40 kits. So I have 3.0 LE, so should the EX include anything new? Apart from the Deluxe Metal pack?

from what I gather LE is being replaced by EX (which is cheaper) and then you can purchase the add ons to bring it up to "LE specs" in terms of number of kits and/or features (in a sense)...The only difference is that you can choose what kits you want (by buying the right expansion pack) vs. just getting what comes standard in LE currently.

I *think* EX will just contain pieces of what LE is now, and then the packs expand EX to include more of what LE had (and more)...But, EX starts at the 3.5 level, where the new Platinum and such is, vs. the 3.0 level of LE currently...At least this is how I think it to be.

It IS confusing...Which is why it almost seems counter-productive to announce anything until it's all laid out on the site, but I've said that already. I think it's cool for a developer to be so involved in an online community such as this, but dropping info on upcoming products like this can sometimes lead to confusion.

ah, I see.

Seems like what Steven is pumped about the most is the 3.5 update, which I guess would be something you'd definitely be interested in, as for the rest, someone with more knowledge than me can lay it out...I'm probably as confused as you.