Share your Steven Slate drumkits here...

I thought they stopped giving them out since around march?

I bought SSD 2 nights ago, no Wavs.

I don't mind.

I got Slate EX a couple months ago and it came with wavs and gogs. Inside the box there is a piece of paper with a certain link and an access code you have to enter, then you can download the wavs etc from that server.

I got Slate EX a couple months ago and it came with wavs and gogs. Inside the box there is a piece of paper with a certain link and an access code you have to enter, then you can download the wavs etc from that server.
Did you buy SSD before they "stopped giving out the wavs" or does it still come with that piece of paper if I were to buy it in the future?

I'm looking for advice on finding a particular slate kick, if anyone can shed some light: I've noticed that the majority of slate kicks low-end are peaking around 40-50hz (the popular kicks like kick 10); I'm looking more for a kick with its peak around 60-70hz. I tried using some of the deeper kicks and carefully carving and low shelving some of the sub freq out, but it just doesn't sound very good in certain mixes that I'm working on, like most black metal or rawer hardcore punk stuff that don't really depend on deep sub kicks. I like blending Kick 1B and 17 and Kick 1B is almost exactly what I'm looking for as it sounds more natural than say Kick 10 or Black and Panty Kick, yet it still peaks around the same sub frequency. Maybe I need a totally different sample that is not in the slate library or I need to EQ better.

I currently own SSD 3.5 and Trigger Platinum, by the way. Thanks to anyone who can help me in the right direction.

hi! i read around on this forum that slate gave to this community some sample.. i tried to send him a mail (mail address specified by himself) but what i receive is an auto-reply form slate's server.. i know that it was an OLD 3d but.. i was interested in by those sample.. some of you can help me? really thanks a lot =D

Did you buy SSD before they "stopped giving out the wavs" or does it still come with that piece of paper if I were to buy it in the future?

I'm not sure mate, I didnt even know I wouldnt be able to get them, just always assumed I could. Message Slate on here or email his support team, they have always been great to me!

I'm not sure mate, I didnt even know I wouldnt be able to get them, just always assumed I could. Message Slate on here or email his support team, they have always been great to me!
They finally messaged me back and said:
"Hi Marcus,

We no longer have wav/gog files of the SSD library since have developed our own drum replacement plugin. They have been completely discontinued and are no longer available. So if you would like to use SSD samples for drum replacement, you will need to get Trigger."

Not sure if I'm going to buy Slate now. That sucks.

I don't see the huge issue in people complaining about WAV files, there are other methods of blending in other drums. We had a masterclass with Scott Horscroft at uni (http://www.bjbstudios.com/neveroom.html) and his way off snare drum sampling/blending was to make a new track with the different snare and physically line up all the waveforms. He showed us a Pro-Tools session of a new Birds of Tokyo song and thats how the snare was done with that... Which had 9 different samples.

Surely if you refuse to get trigger you could use this method by programming the drums with SSD and blending with your other source or using an audio-to-midi program then use that to trigger sounds from SSD?

I'm using Kick 1 and Snare 17 on a rock project right now. Working out great. Snare 17 sounds almost exactly like the real snare I recorded, just processed. I've never used the toms. I always like the toms I record, so I don't even bother. However, this time I decided to see if I liked the toms for replacement, and I MUCH preferred what I had tracked over the samples. Of course, tuning is a major issue - I don't think there's any really high-pitched Slate toms. It would be cool if Trigger had a pitch knob/control