Show off your collection here!

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, I have had the idea for this thread for a while now.
Every now and then, many of us collector nerds talk about the the amount of CDs, vinyl, collectibles, etc that we have.

Here's your chance to show em off!!!

I am planning on doing this by band, for bands that I feel I have good collections of.

Here it goes:

TROUBLE

Fall2007104.jpg

Pretty much the regular studio releases there.
That's the ESCAPI Reissue of Psalm 9.

Fall2007105.jpg

Here's the goodies!
The top three are all the WHITE STALLION releases.
(Demos and Rarities I and II, Live in Dallas).

The next three are releases sold directly from the band.
This includes their Live 1984 Demo, Live in Dallas, and a DVD of 5 videos.

Next is the RIP bootleg (live in Germany), followed by two Promotional CDs from DEF AMERICAN (For the Manic Frustration release)

NOVEMBERS DOOM

Ebayrecords005.jpg

There's all the regular releases.
Some highlights being the orig pressing of "Amid" as well as an autographed copy of "Reflecting", which was only sold on tour.

Ebayrecords004.jpg

Some other select goodies.
That's the poster that came with the slipcase version of "The Knowing"
Then some of the goodies from the Novella pre-order.

hertears.jpg

Yep, that's the "Her Tears Drop" demo!
(NOTE: Pic lifted from Nov Doom forum)

Some bands to come:
Iron Maiden
Iced Earth
Black Sabbath
Helloween
Motorhead

Yep, you have a good collection indeed.

Do you get obsessive about it like I do though?
(IE - Do you have all the import NIGHTWISH singles, etc, etc).

Take some scans.....

no, I rarely by import singles. I used to be obsessive about that stuff, but I would rather buy new cd's by other bands than have a single by a band I like that maybe I would listen to a few times.

I will get some pics up soon

Yeah, the worst is when bands release a single, that has 2 versions of the same song, with maybe one live track or bad cover song as the other track.

Nuclear Blast is pretty good at bands, like Edguy and Blind Guardian, releasing what I would consider being more of EPs than singles, which have 3 or more truly unreleased tracks.

Speaking of Nuclear Blast.....they have signed some pretty good folk metal acts. nice to see them try and compete with Napalm Records. Plus I cant wait for that double DVD set...the History of Nuclear Blast coming out soon. It has tons of videos, live stuff and a documentary on the history of Nuclear Blast. should be very cool.

Glad you like the idea Chris.
I imagine from being in bands and promoting gigs, you have some nifty collectibles too....

yeah, i have some cool stuff....your ND pics with the cassette promo, etc.
made me think back to all the IV stuff we've done.....probably a lot that
has been forgotten....and it would be cool to see all of it laid out...i probably
don't even have some of it anymore. haha there have been a few pics
of old demo/promo things that i've seen floating around and i'm like "holy
shit, we did that??" haha

Since I am bored, here's a lengthy list of stuff I have... Even though only maybe 2 or 3 items from it are really "special" in any way.

I have about 300 CDs (probably more), 200 vinyls, 50 DVDs, and 20 T-shirts... And probably about 30 pins and 7 or so patches. I have 3 Dio posters, 2 Black Sabbath w/ Dio posters, 1 Black Sabbath w/ Ozzy poster, 1 Black Sabbath w/ Tony Martin poster, an Iron Maiden textile flag (Brave New World), a bunch of various regular posters (Novembers Doom, Pantera, Black Sabbath's Black Box, Iced Earth's Glorious Burden, etc.), and 3 or 4 guitar picks I've gotten from various shows. My pin collection looks like something out of the Black Sabbath biography books (plenty of Dio stuff in there, too). Also, 3 Black Sabbath books, and a handful of other books about Heavy Metal, Iron Maiden, The Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal, and ummm... A Black Sabbath tablature book, an Ozzy Osbourne Ozzmosis tour book, Trans-Siberian Orchestra tour book.

Of note, I have practically the entire Black Sabbath and Dio discography on vinyl. I own EVERY Black Sabbath and Dio album on CD (and all but two Ozzy ones). Paranoid and Live Evil were the hardest vinyls to find, I believe. I also have maybe a half dozen cassettes, the good ones being "The Best of Deep Purple", "The Best of Alice Cooper", "Black Sabbath - Paranoid", "Black Sabbath - Born Again" and "Black Sabbath - Tyr"... Also, George Harrison's Cloud 9. I also have a giant George Harrison poster in my room amongst all my metal stuff, he and Stevie Ray Vaughan are pretty much the only non-metal stuff I have floating around in there...

I also have a copy of Testament - The New Order, Opeth - Ghost Reveries, Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise, Iron Maiden - Live After Death [2 vinyl], Rainbow - On Stage, Rainbow - Rising, Savatage - Power of the Night, Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King, Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood, Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand The Weather, and an Ozzy Osbourne live EP from the Randy Rhoads era... All on vinyl. Oh, and a copy of the soundtrack [on vinyl] to the animated movie "Heavy Metal" which despite having it on DVD I have only watched it twice...

And I probably have around 50 or so bootleg CDs. This includes both bootleg shows and concerts, but also demos. Practically all of them are Black Sabbath or Dio related (though I have a Judas Priest, a Savatage, and an Armored Saint). The best one being the 4CD Reincarnation Demos from Black Sabbath, as well as Cozy Powell's Dehumanizer Demos. Also, the Born in Hell bootleg with Ian Gillan where Sabbath performs Smoke on the Water and Iommi has a pretty lengthy guitar solo. Also, some show from the Dehumanizer tour on DVD (maybe Boston 92?). Have a good DVD of Craig Goldy w/ Ronnie during the Killing The Dragon tour in 2003, as well.

In the actual rare "goodies" category...

Black Sabbath - Cross Purposes Live (CD/VHS Pack)
Black Sabbath - Paranoid (autographed by Tony Iommi)
Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer T-Shirt (never have seen another one of these; has the album cover on the front and band photo on back)
Dio - Sacred Heart "Velvet" (basically a 12" by 12" patch; have only ever seen two of these)
Black Sabbath - Headless Cross (vinyl) [unopened]
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica (only special because it's the Japanese import CD that I got by accident)
Dio - Intermission (just a regular old CD but was hard as hell to find for some reason; Germany import IIRC)

Nice bro!!
Let's see a scan of your Sabbath collection.
Are your bootlegs silver CDs, or CDRs?

By any chance, do you have the Born Again demos on CD?

Me thinks you and I need to do some trading!

Nice bro!!
Let's see a scan of your Sabbath collection.
Are your bootlegs silver CDs, or CDRs?

By any chance, do you have the Born Again demos on CD?

Me thinks you and I need to do some trading!

Do I have the Born Again demos? Not currently... But give me a few months and I can get them. The only thing I have left is my copy of the unreleased track "The Fallen" which was better than any song on that album. :lol:

My bootlegs are CDRs, but I'll try and take some pictures of my Sabbath collection when I am home over Thanksgiving. :headbang:

Cool idea Jasonic.

Currently my collection is over 1300 CD's and I would consider myself a bit of a Blind Guardian nut. I try and collect every possible Blind Guardian CD that I come across. Most of the rare stuff I've found on ebay, but I found the Tales CD-LP while on a trip to Japan. Every time I go back I hope to find some more of the LP style CD's.

So here is my special collection:

blind guardian cd 001.jpg

blind guardian cd 002.jpg

blind guardian cd 003.jpg

blind guardian cd 004.jpg

blind guardian cd.jpg

blind guardian cd 008.jpg

As a small side note, I make my DVD premier on the Blind Guardian DVD. In the extra section where they go through the camp site, there is a bunch of persons sitting at a campsite singing BG songs (corny, I know), I can be seen for about 0.5 seconds!

eppst1,
WOW, VERY impressive indeed!!
I like BG a lot, but would not consider myself a fanboy.
Good for you I am not, otherwise you would have to change the locks on your house!!!

I don't have any awesome collections like these :(

Though I do have a fair amount of obscure black metal releases :D (liek Hate Forest, Drudkh, Shining, The Meads of Asphodel, Blut Aus Nord, The Ruins of Beverast, Funeral Mist, Alcest, Angmar, Bone Awl, Weakling etc)