Showcase announcement... Final 2 bands confirmed!

Is the showcase on the main stage? Also, if it's not, is there an age limit at whatever venue it is? I'm 17 and I don't want to miss Freak Kitchen and Vanden Plas just because of that! Any help would be appreciated.

I'm very excited to see Cellador. Every time time come through here it's with bands I have no interest in seeing. I haven't listened to Krucible, but I'm a big Lance King fan so I'm sure it will be a good show.

He just could have timed his flight better. :cry:

Um...your profile says you LIVE in Georgia, sooo....you should already know that they have this thing called "MARTA" that will bring your friend directly from the airport to within ONE BLOCK of Center Stage. :heh:

I know...I've done this every year since PPUSA has been in Atlanta. Obviously, MARTA didn't work well for ProgPower I, since it was in Chicago. :p

There's NO reason for you to miss anything. Your friend will understand, and being a PPUSA virgin is no excuse...it's not like it's hard to get there. Hell, you can actually SEE Center Stage from in front of the Arts Center MARTA station!!!

Craig

Finally I can see Cellador on a night with other great bands instead of going to see them with 4 other shitty bands and only getting 20 minutes worth of music! Thanks Shane!

Well, once again I was browsing in the CD store today, like pretty much everday during my lunch break. I come across a disc by Cellador called Enter Deception. I thought to myself, I've heard of Cellador, but I don't have a clue about their music. I popped it into the CD player and I thought wow, regular power metal without death growls! :lol: It surprised me how good these guys were, so I picked it up. Sure enough I log onto the forum to find out Shane has them lined up for the showcase. Too freakin' weird! o_O Nice job Shane!

~Brian~

Sweet!!! It'll be nice to see Cellador again as I was VERY impressed by them when they played with Gamma Ray & Avian in MN!

As for Krucible...anything with Lance on vocals is awesome in my book, we're looking VERY forward to this!!! :headbang:

Um...your profile says you LIVE in Georgia, sooo....you should already know that they have this thing called "MARTA" that will bring your friend directly from the airport to within ONE BLOCK of Center Stage. :heh:

I know...I've done this every year since PPUSA has been in Atlanta. Obviously, MARTA didn't work well for ProgPower I, since it was in Chicago. :p

There's NO reason for you to miss anything. Your friend will understand, and being a PPUSA virgin is no excuse...it's not like it's hard to get there. Hell, you can actually SEE Center Stage from in front of the Arts Center MARTA station!!!

Craig

yeah, I know all about MARTA. And for that reason I'm not going to subject him to it. Besides, he'll have a piece of luggage or two. And I can't see him carrying that not only through the Marta stations, but also into Center Stage. :err:

I will be seeing Krucible at Texas Madfest, so while I will most likely miss seeing them at the Showcase, I will not miss seeing them at all. :Smug:

He booked his (inexpensive) flight through Expedia, and did so before he realized anything about the Showcase. I'll leave it up to him to decide if he wants to brave MARTA. If he does, cool. If he doesn't, I'll be there for him. It's what friends do for one another. :cool:

Congrats Shane! I'm very musch looking forward to seeing Krucible. Not a fan of Cellador, but I'm sure they will do very well there. I'll stil lprobably check out some of their set.

Hey, you played the first pre-party with Cea Serin and no one complained! ;) No one has the right too either. I know you would have your band their if you weren't feeling ready!

Job well done! :headbang: :headbang:

I got Cellador album but it dissapointed me, too sugary power metal. I don't know the other band.

Dark is the path to PPVIII I'm afraid my young padowan :(

I am pleased to announce that Cellador along with Krucible will be the final 2 bands performing at this years Showcase. Krucible will open the show, with Cellador in the 2nd spot joining Freak Kitchen and Vanden Plas.....

Good on ya bro! Looks like the first Showcase is going to be :headbang: :kickass:

Looking forward to ALL the bands booked! Good job!

J-Dubya

I know I am going to get beaten up for saying this, but why don't we just knock off the symantics and just call the "Showcase" ProgPower USA Day 1? I mean, I do not know if the signing of Cellador is a stroke of genius for Shane or a slap in the face to Cellador? I will remain silent on Krucible, since I called for the signing of an unsigned act. Even though it is Shane's band, it is still an unsigned one. This is not to knock Krucible. Far from it. Promoters usually make the bands they play in the headliners in many places, so Shane deserves praise in this department. My problem is with the whole "pre-party" concept.

I know it is not my party, but I always thought of a "showcase" was to show off unknown and unsigned acts, in the hopes that they will be picked up by a label in the US. However, I think the "Showcase" has lost its meaning, and should really be PP USA Day One. Where does Vanden Plas and Freak Kitchen fit in that catagory? They both played the main event. Cellador should be a "one" on the main event, as they have become somewhat of a major act. So, why not just make PP USA a three-day event, with a longer session on Saturday? For example: You can have four bands on Thursday, Four bands on Friday, and 7 bands on Saturday? You are only ading one band in this scenario. Have Shane do Thursday, and Glenn do the rest. It will still work. People will be willing to pay $175 ($225 for the Gold Badges) for the entire three days. Man, people are paying that NOW.

So, why not just drop the name, and just make it one, big festival?

That said, it was still a job well done.

Peace,
Ray C.

I actually thought Cellador had a shot at a #2 spot for this year's PP. I've seen them with the likes of Sonata Arctica and Gamma Ray. I will gladly see them a third time.

Ok. I checked out Krucible. I will be hanging in for their set. Sad that Chris is gone, but looking forward to Lance. I liked what I heard!

Not so much for Cellador. That's cool. I was worried about hanging time with all my friends anyway. :p

3 out of 4. Awesome job! :kickass: