Signals ZomBass 1.0 (Fender J-Bass Kontakt Instrument)

I would be interested to know if any Trillian users know know how this rates against against it? I've not used either but for 20$ its got to be a steal right?

I'm a Trillian user and I'd say out of the box, no processing, this sounds way better. Trillian has a lot more detail in the articulations and is still a good product but I think, for metal at least, I'll be turning to this s lot more. For $20 its an easy choice.

Im getting this as soon as i have time to go to the bank and put 20 bucks in my paypal account. >.<

one question

what kind of strings were used? (brand and gauges)

Just bought it !
It's exactly what I was looking for... sometimes I have to mix projects with very generic midi bass, and in a different tuning from my real bass so I can't play the parts.
I was planning to buy Trillian but it was a bit too much pricey for what I need it to do.

The Zombass clips posted here sounds great, thank you Signals Audio for this library ! I'll give it a try on a few projects I'm working on at the moment.
The only drawback is the Kontakt shit, I'll have to install this heavy player just for this... do you plan to do other versions ?
An Alchemy version would be a must for me, as I use it quite a bit and the free player is very lightweight and would play the library with no limitations. But I think you need the full version to create libraries.

I just checked the free player specs, and they say it can load SFZ libraries :

SFZ Sample Playback

Alchemy Player can play back highly detailed SFZ sample libraries of acoustic instruments, as it supports round-robin and key-switching plus unlimited keyboard zones and velocity layers. When you load an SFZ file, Alchemy automatically creates eight remix pad variations and provides access to 16 controls including delay, reverb, filter, vibrato and tremolo.

I'll try to do an SFZ version with the wavs when I'll have some free time, and hear how it behave in Alchemy.

I had only planned to create Kontakt versions since Kontakt has so much market share. If there are other programs/formats you guys want I'll seriously look into creating them for you.

I have a feeling it will become like my drum samples though, I make them for Drumagog, Kontakt and Trigger, but only a few people use Drumagog and it takes by far the longest to make hahah. :)

I'm also in the progress of creating a ZomBass expansion with more tones that will be an additional $20. I'm trying to get well-known engineers to create the tones for them. If anyone wants to create a tone for it/knows someone who creates killer bass tones please get in touch with me. Preferably just e-mail alex@signalsaudio.com .

I don't think so many people own the full version of Kontakt, and you can't use it in a normal way without it (you can't tweak the midi forever while monitoring through Kontakt Player, as it will mute the output after a few minutes since it works in demo mode).

But I wasn't bitching or anything, it's already amazing like that ;)
I was just trying to find a comfortable alternative for the "no Kontakt" guys, and it seems that Alchemy could be great (the free player version will handle it with no limitations).
If you're interested, I'll try to create SFZ files out of the WAVs and I'll tell you how it behave in Alchemy.

hey alex, any chance you could do a kontakt 3 version for all the slate 3.0/3.5 users already own that contact version?
When I was using SSD 3.5, I updated my Kontakt Player V3 to V4 and it still worked with it.
I think you can update your free player to version 5 and still use Slates + Zombass (in demo mode) with it.

you could download kontakt 5 for free and use it in demo mode. but that's not what I like to do. if you'll be able to run zombass with the ssd included kontakt version (3 I believe) would it still run in demo mode, or ist the provided version a "full" version?

I may be wrong, but the Kontakt 3 version with SSD was a "player version" (you cannot create anything with it), and the SSD programes run through it in "non demo" mode because Slate was a "legit" developper (= he paid NI to do that).