Signals ZomBass 1.0 (Fender J-Bass Kontakt Instrument)

I snagged the G1 pack, along with the JayMac samples and the Kitty snare, I believe it was called. Everything sounds totally raw, but in a good and very workable/processable way. I appreciate the .nki and .gog files, too, it's a hassle to make them yourself.

Glad to hear it! I'm also making a new cymbal pack in my down time as well that sounds pretty damn killer. I spent a long while figuring out how to mic it all up. You'll be able to adjust the individual mics like all my other stuff. Should be out within a couple days. Here's a picture of the mic'ing setup. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6627888/cymbal_mics.jpg

Has anyone tried doing bends in ZomBass? Even I haven't tried that hahah.

Just bought. I am having a problem though, the samples aren't long enough. I am trying to use it on a project that is super slow doomy shit, the samples are like ~2 seconds too short for the longest notes that occur frequently through all the songs :( Any ideas?

Glad to hear it! I'm also making a new cymbal pack in my down time as well that sounds pretty damn killer. I spent a long while figuring out how to mic it all up. You'll be able to adjust the individual mics like all my other stuff. Should be out within a couple days. Here's a picture of the mic'ing setup. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6627888/cym...e gonna make any cymbal packs! Stoked on this

I'm having tons of fun with this thing. I was wondering though, is it possible to load up the DI patch and add my own processing and then turn that into a patch of it's own?

I'm having tons of fun with this thing. I was wondering though, is it possible to load up the DI patch and add my own processing and then turn that into a patch of it's own?

well it is possible, but to do that you'd have to process each note individually, and make it an instrument in kontakt which i assume is much more trouble than it's worth. unless of course, you'd only use effects within kontakt.

well it is possible, but to do that you'd have to process each note individually, and make it an instrument in kontakt which i assume is much more trouble than it's worth. unless of course, you'd only use effects within kontakt.

Actually, I figured out a way to trick Kontakt similarly to the way Alex showed in his drum sampling tutorial. Basically you have to do this:

1. open the DI ZomBass in Kontakt and render the samples + patch to a new folder.
2. Import those newly rendered samples into your DAW, do your processing and print the FX to new mono files.
3. Name the printed files exactly the same as they are named in the samples you rendered in step 1.
3. Replace the samples rendered in step 1 with the newly rendered and renamed samples.
4. Load the patch made in step 1 and ROCK N ROLL :headbang:

If you are using PC and you get renders with the original names plus something at the end, for example I got "render ***" at the end of all of my samples, you can use this batch renamer I found to delete that suffix bullshit all in one go instead of renaming hundreds of files one by one.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/renamemaster.html

If you want to do it yourself just open the DI .nki , export the samples as patch + samples, name it "my tone", open all the samples in the samples folder, apply your fx to the samples, re-export them under the same filnames to overwrite the original samples with them, then load "my tone.nki".

If that is too much work, you can e-mail me and I can send you a long file with all the samples in it, you process it, send it back to me, and i'll send you your .NKI.

Just bought. I am having a problem though, the samples aren't long enough. I am trying to use it on a project that is super slow doomy shit, the samples are like ~2 seconds too short for the longest notes that occur frequently through all the songs :( Any ideas?

?

Try bouncing it how it is and then time stretching the notes that aren't long enough?

I had maybe an hour to play with Zombass for the first time last night. Holy shit. It sounds so good and its so easy to use. Very light on CPU also.

I only had an hour to write and semi mix this (mixed with some crap skullcandys, they were all I had). This is also the first thing I have recorded/mixed in 7 months so be gentle

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2113488/Deathcore Songs/JCID.wav

Good call, I will try that.

Depending on what DAW you use you should be able to switch which time stretching algorithm it's using - I bet you could find one that works particularly well for stretching bass.

2 new clips with ZomBass :
TEST PI101_0406_Mix1_MASTER.mp3
TEST PI101_0407_Mix2_MASTER.mp3

EDIT : New reamp added
TEST PI101_0410_Mix3_MASTER.mp3

It's the same riffs with different guitar tone/setup (I made this to test the Topedo PI101 plugin).
The bass is pretty upfront and audible in the mix.

I used the pure DI ZomBass signal, duplicated 3 times :
- 1 pure DI track, heavily low passed to keep a clean lowend
- 1 grit track : DI > TSE BOD > Torpedo PI101 (PA with EL34 tubes driven + Ampeg 8X10 + Neuman U87), hi passed and smoothly low passed
- 1 distortion track : DI > Juicy77 w/ speaker sim disabled > Torpedo PI101 (VHT 2x12 + Royer121), heavily hi and low passed