Signals ZomBass 1.0 (Fender J-Bass Kontakt Instrument)

Just bought this library.. WELL worth the monees!

But one question.. i did import the NKI files into my kontakt 5 player (not the demo of kontakt 5, full version) and it keeps saying zombass is running in demo mode?
Now i did read the thread and did "save as" and then " samples plus patch" but it still runs in demo mode.

Symphobia and orchestral essentials run fine, zombass is in demo mode still.. im sure im overlooking something?

Just bought this library.. WELL worth the monees!

But one question.. i did import the NKI files into my kontakt 5 player (not the demo of kontakt 5, full version) and it keeps saying zombass is running in demo mode?
Now i did read the thread and did "save as" and then " samples plus patch" but it still runs in demo mode.

Symphobia and orchestral essentials run fine, zombass is in demo mode still.. im sure im overlooking something?

that's because kontakt player is the free version and only allows unlicensed 3rd party libraries to work in demo mode. those other products you mentioned are probably licensed to work in kontakt player.

that's because kontakt player is the free version and only allows unlicensed 3rd party libraries to work in demo mode. those other products you mentioned are probably licensed to work in kontakt player.

F#$%!

So that means buying the full version of kontakt 5 for a mere 380 euro??

Any other players that do this for free, that just too much of an expensive update for a 20 dollar library (which is still awesome btw!).. :D

F#$%!

So that means buying the full version of kontakt 5 for a mere 380 euro??

Any other players that do this for free, that just too much of an expensive update for a 20 dollar library (which is still awesome btw!).. :D

that's the only way to get rid of the demo mode, and there's a plethora of awesome 3rd party libraries for kontakt... but; to be honest i can't see what the problem is. demo mode means 15 minutes of the samples working in kontakt player, after which you may reload kontakt to continue working. or you could use some other plugin for bass and once you're finished with it, replace it using kontakt player with zombass loaded.

once you're finished programming, print the track and mix. done without the full version! :)

that's the only way to get rid of the demo mode, and there's a plethora of awesome 3rd party libraries for kontakt... but; to be honest i can't see what the problem is. demo mode means 15 minutes of the samples working in kontakt player, after which you may reload kontakt to continue working. or you could use some other plugin for bass and once you're finished with it, replace it using kontakt player with zombass loaded.

once you're finished programming, print the track and mix. done without the full version! :)

Yeah, that is defenitly the way to go for now.. im not a fan of demo timers at all, but simply reloading it will work indeed.

So, just so everyone is aware.

We have commenced Zombass 2.0

zombass_2.png

And here is a couple clips I did while we were testing out basses.

MetalLOL

Butt Rock

Excite for V2.

Will it be a free upgrade?

You best not ask that question son, I asked if there would be a discount for Zombass 1 owners and the only reply I got was from David Voll saying "lol why would you get a discount for buying a $20 dollar product". Hmmm maybe because that 20 dollar product is based off of the same bass as the new one but not as full featured... It seems that if you were to buy Zombass 2 there would be no reason to use Zombass 1 anymore right?

Apartment recording and lacking a bass is definitely pushing me to purchase when v2 comes out. But I'll have to run it in "demo mode" from being poor and only having Kontakt Player. Oh well.

Excite for V2.

Will it be a free upgrade?

Unfortunately, no.

You best not ask that question son, I asked if there would be a discount for Zombass 1 owners and the only reply I got was from David Voll saying "lol why would you get a discount for buying a $20 dollar product". Hmmm maybe because that 20 dollar product is based off of the same bass as the new one but not as full featured... It seems that if you were to buy Zombass 2 there would be no reason to use Zombass 1 anymore right?

I'm sorry you're upset.
Few things in this comment are true, however.

^^^theres other bass samples that are in the same league as ZomBass that also charge $50. So in my eyes it's fair. If they (TaylorG and AlexW) wanted to price it competitively they would've charged $40 but they didn't.

So it comes down to this:
Have your $50 ready and just pick your favorite.

$50 is more than reasonable for what they're doing. How cheap do you expect a multi-sampled, multiple velocity layer bass sample set (including slide/hammer-on/pull-off/bend/mute/harmonics/tapping, without a dedicated VSTi plug-in) to be?