Signing Session Report (Mexico City)

wolfrider1

Post Whore
Feb 3, 2005
Mexico city
OH MY GOD!

Just went back from the signing session that the great guys of Orphaned Land gave to their loyal mexican fans. Here are the details

Me and my friend Mariano arrived to the venue of the session about an hour before the time was scheduled and started to see some fans arriving too. At 5 o clock we start coming inside of the venue. Some good 50-60 fans gathered to the session. A good number, considering that they are not very much known in this mexican lands.

So, I was number 34 and waited patiently while the first guys went to greet the orphaned guys. We start going inside in small groups (5-10 at the time). The moment came to approach to the their table. First Uri, then Kobi, Avi, Yossi, Matti and finally Eden.

When it was my turn to go with them, Uri instantly recognized me as the guy that went to receive them in the airport because I was wearing my Iced Earth t-shirt. That was the first he told me today. "Hey, you are the Iced Earth guy" haha, that was awesome. Kobi was next to him, and I heard him saying... I can hear Robert coming! hello Robert! I'm so happy that they orphaned guys remebered me. They are class guys. Uri took all my booklets and signed in his picture and in the cover of all of them. He writes a happy face in every signature, hehe. I liked that.

Then Kobi told me he would have loved to hang out with me yesterday, but some promoter related issues didnt let him get in touch with me, but I understand. He told me that Kreator was handling everything very carefully so no one can disturb them at the hotel. From now on, I hate Kreator, seriously.

They went today to the pyramids, and then headed to the venue to get ready for tomorrow and for the signing session.

A highlight of the evening was Eden. The guy rules!!!!!!! I had great laughs with him and Matti. He told me the band will come out after their performance to have a beers with me. All rounds by me guys!

Of course I have pictures with all of the guys, when they were signing and with me and my friend.

We talked about a lot of things, laughed, and enjoyed the moment.

I really can't wait to see them tomorrow night.

Pics are coming tomorrow as soon as I receive the film developed. You will love the pics, I'm telling you.

Cheers!!!!

- Robert

Thanks a lot for the report wolfrider1. It was like i was there!!! :)

Too bad though that Kreator decided not to allow fans to "disturb" them...like you were interested of meeting them... :p
After all these years that fans support them , they owe to them...

Hitori said:
you can't hate kreator :rolleyes:

of course he can, I would hate kreator to death too if they'd prevented me from hanging with the guys from Orphaned Land, because they have a warm israeli character.

Well.....you have to understand......
sometimes big bands like Kreator just can't meet the thousands of fans they have......
and of course they are long time in this business......

what i'm trying to say is....that you can't judge until you're in the same position.....