sknote plugins

updog

May 9, 2009
Finland
having bought Sonimus Satson recently, i came across this company named sknote while following discussions about satson... these guys are selling a similar type of console-emulation plugin named StripBus, which has some nice features as an added bonus. they have some other analog-emulation plugs as well that look pretty nice.

the inter-channel ducking feature in StripBus could be awesome; i like to sidechain my kicks but doing that requires bouncing the track for some reason. i might want to change the settings and samples in the meantime so this isn't optimal.

anyone have any experience on these guys? the stripbus and satson combined are still cheaper than vcc, for example, stripbus being only 29 bucks. only need to know it actually sounds good to pull the trigger on it.

http://www.sknote.it/

I bought and use Roundtone and i really like it!!!! Very nice on the drum bus! I've used it on bass and guitar as well.

actually became interested on those two (roundtone and presence) as well.

imo it's worth noting that you don't have to buy the bundle immediately, you can buy one of the two and then "upgrade" to the bundle and end up paying the same.

i actually have all the front page stuff as far as the stripbus go the ducking is not ment for pumping its more for having things fit in the mix better if that makes any sense. and i really like the way it handles one thing to note is that it sounds way different than the other plug your talking about my friend has it and i like it but i find that quinto's sknote stuff is what i like and the strip is also connected in a way so if you have like 20 in a mix they kind of effect each other like if one takes up alot of head room the others get effected by it like a real console i guess. i don't know but it sounds cool to me and the eq is a nice dynamic one the hotter the signal the less it dose basically the bus is a really really nice comp i use it for alot of stuff man i approve of all his stuff man one thing is for bass i like to use less saturation on the strip and more on roundtone strip is really nice with high and mid range stuff.

and his verb tone sounds amazing when you start messing with the settings you can get a really natural reverb sound sometimes it sounds almost like you have a room mike set up nice on it its kind of heavy on cpu though but if you use reaper you will be good for like a million plugs lol

the stripbus hasn't got much use from me recently as i love to use Satson but i should give it another try - i was a bit disappointed to discover that the ducking feature didn't work as i had expected. however that's only one of the many features and i've learned how to use sidechain compression so it doesn't really matter anymore. i should try mixing with it using stripbus instances in place of satson instances and see how it sounds - i keep hearing good things about it even though initially i couldn't really feel it.