Slate Digital TRIGGER Drum Replacer - Now Available

MIDI PT instructions:
Write down some notes on a midi track.
What you need to set up now, is to set multiple output to multiple instances of trigger, so let's say you got this midi file with 5 notes for kick snare and 3 toms, each trigger instance will trigger a note
To set multiple output click command (on mac) or control (on windows ... can't remeber if it's control or not on windows) and set the first output
Go to Trigger : open settings ->set midi in to "on"
Set Midi In Note to the note in the midi file
Repeat this for each note
click play -> rock on hell yeah !
Didn't set the midi output on trigger, I really don't need it

cheers

cool,
good to see that its working out.

anyone got the Midi I/O figured out in Logic?

Well,
here's a workaround for triggering (in-directly) from Midi in Logic,

-create an instrument track,
-draw in some midi notes.
-insert an instance of Klopfgeist (the click instrument) in the Instrument slot.
-at the top of the Klopfgeist window, set the "Trigger Mode" to "Mono".
-insert Slate Trigger in the first Effect plugin slot.
-do a little tweaking to each until you're getting the right level into Trigger, and are triggering the hits cleanly. Klopfgeist shouldn't need much adjustment, but you should certainly set the "Trigger Mode" at the top to "Mono".

TriggerKlopfgeist.png

Not ideal, but it works.

In Logic, can you normally route midi tracks to/from instruments that are not on that specific midi track anyways? Like can I take a midi track and route it to whatever instrument I want on an instrument track, or do I have to move the midi file/region over to that instrument track?

If it's the latter, then no wonder it doesn't work in Logic without a workaround!

In Logic, can you normally route midi tracks to/from instruments that are not on that specific midi track anyways? Like can I take a midi track and route it to whatever instrument I want on an instrument track, or do I have to move the midi file/region over to that instrument track?

If it's the latter, then no wonder it doesn't work in Logic without a workaround!

I'm not sure, its not something that has ever cropped up in my workflow, but the point is that in the run-up to the release of Trigger we were assured that the Midi I/O features worked fine in Logic, now after the release we get the same vague allusions to it working fine, with no sign of the actual method.

frankly, it reads like a question being dodged.

We know that the features can only work as well as a Daw allows them to, but if one states that such a feature works fine during the ad-campaign, then it's not a surprise that people will use those re-assurances as a factor in their decision to buy.

Well,
here's a workaround for triggering (in-directly) from Midi in Logic,

-create an instrument track,
-draw in some midi notes.
-insert an instance of Klopfgeist (the click instrument) in the Instrument slot.
-at the top of the Klopfgeist window, set the "Trigger Mode" to "Mono".
-insert Slate Trigger in the first Effect plugin slot.
-do a little tweaking to each until you're getting the right level into Trigger, and are triggering the hits cleanly. Klopfgeist shouldn't need much adjustment, but you should certainly set the "Trigger Mode" at the top to "Mono".

TriggerKlopfgeist.png

Not ideal, but it works.

thats how i got aptrigga to work in logic via midi

Thanks for posting this midi workaround in Logic... however, we are almost done with an update that should make it even easier, and in Pro Tools as well.

Just used Trigger for the first time and it absolutely ate a kick track that was giving Drumtracker all kinds of hell. Pretty much perfect triggering once I set the 'Detail' knob right.

Only issue is that the recorded MIDI output lags by a few milliseconds in Cubase 5.5. I thought it may be my interface latency, but I had it running on a buffer of 32. Minor problem as the MIDI can just be nudged back after, and this particular kick didn't need phase accuracy. I manually phase align my samples anyway so in the grand scope of things it's not a huge issue whatsoever, but it would be great to find a way to circumvent this problem.

Cheers!

I'm so happy with my TRIGGER purchase, but I REALLY with I could load regular wav files into one of the 6 sample-slots using the Instrument Browser. Hope to god this comes in a future update!

I'm so happy with my TRIGGER purchase, but I REALLY with I could load regular wav files into one of the 6 sample-slots using the Instrument Browser. Hope to god this comes in a future update!

You can, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking? Just select a WAV file in the instrument browser instead of the Trigger instrument file.

You couldn't do it in the demo but you can in the retail version, maybe you just haven't tried since you've purchased it?

triggeruserwavs.png