Slate Digital TRIGGER Drum Replacer - Now Available

Soon it's long before June :)

I'm doing some instructions for Example Projects I made. In next few hours I'll upload Cubase/Nuendo and Samplitude projects. More hosts and video tutorials coming soon :)

hmmmm ... ok is that offer to make trigger files out of our wav files still good?

I have a lot of crazy double bass kick drums that need replacing and I would really love to be able to use Trigger for it ... last thing I have time for is going in and manually shifting a ton of random kick hits that are off by 10 -20 ms if I do it with that "other" plugin

EDIT: Ok never mind, I just noticed you edited your answer before I finished typing my reply. ;)

If it'll be out THAT soon, I can wait it out

Thanks!

FYI - I love my Trigger :)

I have spent the last 4 days doing remixes of ALL of my material with it and I plan on doing everything in my collection over. I love these drums!!!

I am really really loving that Dream Theater Snare ... still stuck using kick 10 though ....lol

WE NEED BETTER METAL KICKS!!!

Yes i have the metal pack ...lol

You can, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking? Just select a WAV file in the instrument browser instead of the Trigger instrument file.

You couldn't do it in the demo but you can in the retail version, maybe you just haven't tried since you've purchased it?

triggeruserwavs.png

Hey thanks, this is great, did not realize this until now.

hmmmm ... ok is that offer to make trigger files out of our wav files still good?

I have a lot of crazy double bass kick drums that need replacing and I would really love to be able to use Trigger for it

If it's only kick drums, I can make them in very short time. PM me link to files and your requests regarding articulation/modes, etc.

If it's only kick drums, I can make them in very short time. PM me link to files and your requests regarding articulation/modes, etc.

No worries man, I also edited my post after I saw what you wrote ... I can wait for the Instrument Maker to come out .. I'm sure someone else around here may be in more dire need of something like this than I am. Thanks for the offer though

Cheers!

for metal kicks, there are so many options but you have to use some eq.. Mostly to ATTENUATE some sub lows. I like mixing Kick5, Black Kit, and sometimes a little bit of Panty Kick (all Z1 but experiment with Z3) and then do -5db at 100Hz... SUPER powerful and punchy metal kick. Adjust top end to taste.

Downloading the zips pretty fast right here.
Can't wait to install it in my DAW!

:D

Servers back! Got all files DL'd and installed last night:headbang: After playing around it triggers perfect on kick, and snare but having a little trouble on snare blasts and toms. I'm sure once I get all the params figured out it will work smooth, would help if it were a better drummer on the session.

Servers back! Got all files DL'd and installed last night:headbang: After playing around it triggers perfect on kick, and snare but having a little trouble on snare blasts and toms. I'm sure once I get all the params figured out it will work smooth, would help if it were a better drummer on the session.

Every TRIGGER user can PM link to his tracking and I'll send him optimal TRIGGER settings for his tracks :)

I just did a test with BFD2. Loaded a kick, processed it... sliced it up. Put it into Trigger - worked great. I'm looking forward to the instrument maker.

tried it fr the first time yesterday...
it's alright.
still have to do some automation etc, there's no setting working for the entire track (didn't expect that though...didn't expect miracles), but that's alright.
what's annoying me a bit though is that I can't customize the instruments enough...there are 4 setting (full snare, crack, soft, hard)....I often want all the hard and medium hits to be replaced with rimshots for example and only the VERY soft hits (ghost notes etc) to be replaced with medium samples...would be awesome if we could customize stuff like that and not be stuck with the 4 options it came with.

overall it's a cool plugin, will probbaly not replace aptrigga for me (still the best sounding and most phase accurate replacer IMO), but it'll find its use here and there...mainly for more natural/rock-type stuff.

I'm exactly the same with velocities, but that's why I use MIDI. You focus on the triggering in one run through the record, then after that you can just focus on mixing, and set up as many samplers as you need, all keyed from that same MIDI track. You can split the velocities up whichever way you want.