Slate Digital TRIGGER Drum Replacer - Now Available

Snap :p

Let's not get too nutso about this!
We can call it 50/50 and be at ease. The fact is, it SEEMS, that Trigger is a fantastic product right? But obviously it's not really COMPLETE at this moment. So while WHEN it's completed and the whole package is out, it will probably become a new standard for lots of people, it's still a mere observation, that at Slate Digital (company name whatever the full name is) that there needs to be some real effort made so that shit like this doesn't happen again.

If you want to shoot stuff out because of demand, then don't be surprised if shit hits the fan, at the same time, some times people need to be told when to shut the fuck up, so personally, if Slate just said, look guys! I know it's been a while, but 1st of June, you will have Trigger completed and bug free and it will be the greatest thing since audio engineerings equivalent sliced bread... I think that may have helped at this point :S

ANyways, I'm no pro but that's just what I see going on here!

I guess there are many reasons why they did so. It's a world of competition, the release dates are important and pressure is an important factor for acts that people will not understand, like releasing the product to get in competition (think drumagog). It happens for everything, not only pro audio softwares.

Not saying this is a good thing. Just... It's like that.

If we think about that, the only think that would prevent it would be that they get ready before everybody else to release a perfect product in time. But being ready too early is not a good thing too, because it means that maybe the investment has been too high for the enterprise and maybe some money could have been cut for it to work better. There is a balance to find, of course. Then, if they do be ready early , then it means that the competitors would be in a hurry from their side. So these would be THEM who would have to make decisions about the release of their product, and there would be some "issues" for consummers from their side. And on, and on

All registered TRIGGER users will be getting an email today with a link to the update which has numerous improvements, including even better ghost note tracking and improved midi features in Pro Tools and Logic.

It's so funny to me the question is avoided as if it were never asked.

My question to Slate is, how good of a legal team do you have and do you know what false advertising is? :lol:

As a workaround, set it up to trigger another sampler with your custom samples loaded in. It's not like it's impossible to do what you want to do, so quit bitching and get on with making choonz.

As a workaround, set it up to trigger another sampler with your custom samples loaded in. It's not like it's impossible to do what you want to do, so quit bitching and get on with making choonz.

What sampler are you using that will allow you to import velocity sensitive random multisamples (besides Battery)?

It is impossible for me because I don't have the other $200 piece of software required to trigger my own samples. I was told Trigger could do it when I bought it but that's not true.

It's not like it's impossible to do what you want to do, so quit bitching and get on with making choonz.

No, it currently is. I can't have multisampled dynamic sets running in any of the programs I currently own (apTrigga), and I'm not going to buy Drumagog or Battery JUST because Brown Matter has their heads up their asses about an integral part of the plugin.

That reminds me - I really wish the Slate Virtual Instrument was Random Robin, not Round Robin. Did anyone get the wav files with Trigger like Slate said he would do for us when everyone complained?

Just reading the updated User Guide re: MIDI. Seems the functionality I need most is yet to come in Q4, 2010 (provided no further delays :) ). They talk about finding a way to do audio to MIDI independently of the host, which would be great. In the mean time I guess we just buckle down and pray that even if the MIDI output is offset, it's at least consistently offset relative to the drums so we can nudge things around easily!

I've yet to test this out on a real project, but there are some records coming up where it will be put through its paces heavily.

As Ermz has implied, the TRIGGER Platinum update is available, check your emails for the link.

The midi implementation is as good as any AUDIO plugin can provide. We're looking for ways to bypass even host limitations.

The TRIGGER engine is now dead on even with tiny ghost notes, its pretty unbelieveable so give it a test. If you are having issues with a problematic track, you can send the track to our support team and they will provide optimal settings.

Thanks so much for the great feedback, and please keep posting demos. The Instrument Maker is near completion.. We've worked very hard to make it an extremely powerful tool that will allow you to make incredible and complex sample sets.

Actually apTrigga has always needed a little more tweakage on toms than on kick/snare for me but I have never had to automate apTrigga on anything ever. There's always a sweet spot with the settings where you never have to change or automate anything with it.

Trigger just gets you there way faster :)

Hey Steven, going through the manual I've noticed this:

"Attention! If you load a multi mic instrument into different instruments
channels, you should set the same velocity curve value for each instrument in
order to trigger the same velocity layers in these instruments."

Maybe a way to adjust the velocity curve value across several instrument channels at once would be a good idea for a future update?