Slate Samples/Phase....just wow

I just tried it in PT HD (Mac PPC), Cubase, Reaper, and Logic.. sens at 10.. all triggered perfectly. Whats the emoticon to facepalm someone else's facepalm?

But seriously, Lasse let us know the settings and lets see if this was simply a settings issue.. which I think it is. As Alex said, there is a lot of noise before some hits.

Well it was in response to "TRIGGER support" responding to Lasse's specific problem within ProTools HD by going "hey it works perfectly on your tracks in Reaper!" Not exactly sure how you could think that makes for a proper support response :lol:

It also works fine in PT and every other DAW.. like I said.. a simple settings issue is what I think. Unless something is wrong with the ADC on Lasses particular system, the DAW wouldn't affect the triggering algorithm anyway so testing in Reaper quickly to find the settings first was a good idea.

Hopefully Lasse can confirm that this new setting fixes the issue and we can retitle this thread "I Love Slate's Huge Johnson".

It also works fine in PT and every other DAW.. like I said.. a simple settings issue is what I think. Unless something is wrong with the ADC on Lasses particular system, the DAW wouldn't affect the triggering algorithm anyway so testing in Reaper quickly to find the settings first was a good idea.

Hopefully Lasse can confirm that this new setting fixes the issue and we can retitle this thread "I Love Slate's Huge Johnson".

Is Trigger absolutely stable on REAPER? If so, I'm purchasing it right now and having a look at it for myself.

My advice here is totally out of left field, and I'm sorry if this has already been suggested/tried, but Lasse, have you tried exporting your trouble project audio and then imported the audio into a totally fresh session? Sometimes it helps to start with a fresh session file, I've found this to be true at times in every DAW I've used.

I'm eager to hear what happens with the new settings. Unlike the thread's title, TRIGGER has no problems with phase and its accuracy is spot on, but it does need to be set properly, especially when the source track has a lot of crud on it like Lasses does. So Lasse, let us know if the Sensitivity tweak does the trick.. It triggered perfectly on our systems without a hitch.

Again, the issue (and everyone can download Lasse's track to see this) is that there are bits of noise before some hits which TRIGGER will think is a drum hit if the Sensitivity is set too low.. so highering that paramater allowed it to only trigger the drum tracks. :)

I'm really hoping to see my johnson in the thread title..

I'm pretty sure nobody wants Slate to be on the losing side of these things, most of all not TRIGGER users like myself. I love TRIGGER, has been such a great tool for me thus far - no complaints.

What version of TRIGGER do you using? My 1.6.2 doesn't crashing Reaper if iLok is not connected. It just shows a splash screen about plugin purchasing like every iLoked plugin. I tried it right now. AU version on MAC Reaper and VST on WIN Reaper. Oh, and what version of Reaper do you using? =)

This is the link to triggered WAV: http://www.mediafire.com/?9f364dcdy1aejaq

This is the picture about why I set Sens to 10. You just cleaned this track, but kept a lot of unnecessary noise before some hits (like hit on picture). So on such hits TRIGGER may put triggered hits ahead of original on high Sens values. Thats why I set it to 10.

lassewave.jpg

lassetrigger.jpg

thanks..
haha, this was a stupid most unlikely coincidence....
usually I'm cleaning all my files (in PT) this file I pciked randomly has been cleaned in cubase and 3ms of preroll was left in the "detect silence" settings....
usually my files are clean, but yeah, of course I had to accidently pick a file from the only session that was cleaned in cubase in years, lol.

Gonna try your settings, thx

I found using leakage suppression heavily stopped a lot of mistriggering for me. And I almost always keep the sensitivity down really low. Just what seems to work on my end. The only problem is with high suppression you sometimes reject hits that should be captured, so it takes a bit of automating here and there if there is a ton of ghosting going on.

Keeping sensitivity low is essential I have found. Automate if you have rolls or something going on. With sensitivity too high, I often get really quiet triggers due to Trigger triggering the drum hit too early (during some pre-noise instead of right at the transient). It helps if Sensitivity is lower, or if I just cut out the audio right before the transient.

gonna try this later today.
it's a pity I can't remember which songs it where that had the most massive problems.
cause some of that clearly wasn't a matter of settings.

one song had the problem that the hits kept getting later and later, for like the first minute everything was spot on, then it started to wander off, after 2mins the hits were like 5ms late, by the end of the (long) song (8 mins or something) the hits were 30-40ms late.
the recording or playing didn't change over the course of the song, so it definitely wasn't a setting related issue.

that was with Trigger 1.5 though

cause some of that clearly wasn't a matter of settings.

The only way to find out is to find this problematic track and post it. We haven't found a track yet that TRIGGER couldn't handle with the right settings (including leakage suppression) so I'd be willing to be its a setting thing. Now that you've seen how something as simple as putting the Sensitivity to 10 fixed the problem with your posted track, perhaps you can go back to other problem tracks and mess with more TRIGGER settings and report back ;)

The only way to find out is to find this problematic track and post it. We haven't found a track yet that TRIGGER couldn't handle with the right settings (including leakage suppression) so I'd be willing to be its a setting thing. Now that you've seen how something as simple as putting the Sensitivity to 10 fixed the problem with your posted track, perhaps you can go back to other problem tracks and mess with more TRIGGER settings and report back ;)

well, H haven't checked this track yet, nor am I 100% sure that I would have had a problem with my settings (as I said, for me trigger works flawlessly in 99% of the cases).
What I'll be doing now is try trigger again on the next poject, if/when then this problem occurs I'll upload the track, that way I won't have to go back into my archives trying to recreate the problem...
it might be a week or two, but if th eproblem still exists in 1.62 I'll then find it...and as I said, I'm not in a hurry :)
thanks