Slate Virtual Mix RACK

I'm definitely thinking of picking this up. Been running with stock LPX plugins and some other freeware stuff that I dig, but I love the sounds coming out of these. Those comps are beautiful.

Can we expect other slate modules to be loaded into VMR in the future ?

Has anyone messed around with Revival ? Could it replace a VCC/VTM combo in what it does to the sound ?

Especially weird since the all in shortens the attack and release times even more...I can only imagine that they'd be modeling them to be possible to be as fast to begin with? broader range of times, so to speak?

Wait, the 1176 doesn't have an all-buttons-in mode? That makes it literally half as useful as before. I think I may pass on this whole thing.

Steven said that the all buttons in will be added to another module dedicated to special distorion effects, but who knows.... maybe they will add it later...

I have a hardware 1176 clone an the all buttons doesnt get used much really....

I reading the vmr manual, there are some cool tips, specially regarding the 176 wich i am using as a coloured trim module (by setting the compresion off)

Steven said that the all buttons in will be added to another module dedicated to special distorion effects, but who knows.... maybe they will add it later...

I have a hardware 1176 clone an the all buttons doesnt get used much really....

I reading the vmr manual, there are some cool tips, specially regarding the 176 wich i am using as a coloured trim module (by setting the compresion off)

Separate module that you'll have to pay for? It's just stupid; I want the 1176 because all buttons in is a very specific and insanely cool sound; operating that distortion separate of the compression seems totally counterintuitive. Slate really needs a dedicated (or a better) UI/UX guy.

Crashing reaper sometimes here as well. Most of the time, when I quit reaper normally, i get a "reaper unexpctedly crashed" popup window so the plugin must have been crashing (it only does it when VMR has been in the session). It's systematic when I quit reaper, although the plugin itself does seem to work fine.

no problems so far in reaper *knockonwood*....

is it just me or are the control-knobs very "jumpy" and sensitive (esp. on the eqs)?

My own crashes aren't that bad in reaper as they don't occur in-session although I haven't tried a heavy session yet,
But as reaper itself is rock solid, and 100% of my other plugins cause 0 crash, I'd say there is an issue here. The other slate plugins in reaper don't cause any problem.