Slate Virtual Mix RACK

Mine was working fine in Reaper till 48 hours ago, now it crashes as soon as I drag an effect module into the rack.

It crashes the Sound Forge demo as well.

WTF.

So glad I dropped good money on this.

Mine was working fine in Reaper till 48 hours ago, now it crashes as soon as I drag an effect module into the rack.

It crashes the Sound Forge demo as well.

WTF.

So glad I dropped good money on this.

working perfectly in reaper. Has there been an update or something?

glenn iv had problems with slate plugins sometimes if my computer crashes while working on huge projects. if its the same problem that i was having just go to User>appdata>slate digital and delete any preference files and it should load back up after that.

Still crashes here systematically. Sometimes I cannot even load a session which has a dozen of them.

If the future is VMR only with all modules in it and it still crashes by then, I'm not gonna be happy. It's the absolute only plugin which ever made my reaper crash. Ever. And I own quite a lot of plugins now.

Just did a comparison : I can load a shitload of waves plugins all at once. Maybe even 40, before I feel any hiccup. They all load up fine, and some of them are relatively heavy. They cascade, and boom.

I try to load 3 or 3 slate plugins, it's almost impossible, and I get a crash.

Does it load REALLY slowly for anybody else? Most plugins load instantly, with some intensive ones like Ozone taking 3-4 seconds. VBC usually takes 2-3 and/or crashes about half the time. Whenever I insert VMR it takes like a full 10 seconds to appear though. Always makes me worried it's going to crash my session.

I find the first instance of vmr I load takes "long" time to load. Maybe not quite 10 seconds but longer than most of my standard plugins.

I love slate products, but they are so unstable. Had some pretty embarrassing moments with clients!!! At one stage could not open a project that needed some minor changes. Vbc and vmr when used together cause major crashes in logic 9 and logic x and sometimes freezes the whole project when loading. I have at least two crashes a day with these plugs:( only way is to force quit then reload logic. I have every slate plug, but always worry about crashes as a result I save religiously every min or so!!!!

Does it load REALLY slowly for anybody else? Most plugins load instantly, with some intensive ones like Ozone taking 3-4 seconds. VBC usually takes 2-3 and/or crashes about half the time. Whenever I insert VMR it takes like a full 10 seconds to appear though. Always makes me worried it's going to crash my session.

Same here...

And I still get the weird behaviour : use VMR, then even 1h later, when I save (or not) and close Reaper, reaper crashes. Doesn't matter, but weird.

For anyone on mac, I find .au versions of the plugin to be more stable.

It's true for some other plugins, sometimes using the .au solves some GUI problems. An example would be very old waves plugins, or old arturia synths with a special GUI on top of the screen. Sometimes in VST i can't click on them, or there is a shift, and using the .au version is usually flawless.

Same here...

And I still get the weird behaviour : use VMR, then even 1h later, when I save (or not) and close Reaper, reaper crashes. Doesn't matter, but weird.

For anyone on mac, I find .au versions of the plugin to be more stable.

It's true for some other plugins, sometimes using the .au solves some GUI problems. An example would be very old waves plugins, or old arturia synths with a special GUI on top of the screen. Sometimes in VST i can't click on them, or there is a shift, and using the .au version is usually flawless.

Oh, anything Slate always causes big projects to crash on quitting Reaper every time too hahah. It doesn't seem to affect anything on reboot but it's certainly annoying. I'll try the AU versions next time :)

I had lots of crashes with VST3 VMR and VBC. I went to VST2 and it's been cool sailing since.

I run all Slate at vst2 64 and never have any major crashes (except VBC on a mono track but that's not their fault) or load times. I think the initial look for ilok might take a hair longer but never had a major issue with them.

Has everyone reported these issues to support?

Yes but the only answer I got was "uninstall then reinstal VMR and see if it's better". It's not. The developpers were at Namm so I did not have anything clear.

Would be great if guys with crashing experiences would say what plugin formats, daw etc.
you use or have tried when crashing, to see if there's similar behavior/patterns.

I run Slate plugs at vst2 x64, Reaper x64, Windows 7 x64 (i7@2.8ghz, 8gb ram, hp-machine bought in 2010),
and every plugin still opens instantly and have never crashed, not once.

That said, I don't use them so often, but when I do..