sneap micing techniques

i have used this technique and i love the way it sounds...but i have never doubled up the guitars, because i was thinking put two mics on a single cab is doubleing, has anyone doubled up on this technique

I'm about to get in a second preamp so that I can try the V technique and compare it to single-mic on my own... but goddamn, I got tired of placing one microphone right, I don't want to think about having to do another now. Gaarh.

Jeff

should i remove the grille?

were you serious about the speakers moving?

Great thread! I'm in the middle of working out recording techniques myself.
I believe that the only way to record a tube amp properly is the crank it, otherwise, you should just use a pod:heh:

That Slipperman article has some great info in it and is also a pisser to read.

He indeed is a funny guy. Anyone ever figure out who he actually is? His production credits?

all amplifiers put out an indiscernible "sonic signature" if you will. it resides just above the natural range of most people. A high level of clicks and harmonics flirting with the 20k range. Most laymen think it is pick attack. Jeff can hear this "sonic signature" and when decoded back from binary it clearly spells out the message "KRANK".

try it , it works for any amplifier.

the Krank clips on AudioStreet.net?

I was thinking about the clips comparing the 57 and i5 with several different cabs.

I guess I've misunderstood... still looking