So I just found out Isis has more than 2 albums.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
All I ever see is talk of Oceanic and Panopticon. Any of the older stuff worth picking up?

Isis has a big back catalogue:

The Mosquito Control EP
The Red Sea EP
Celestial
SGNL>03 EP
Oceanic
Panopticon

The first two EPs are more sludge than anything. Very dirty, gritty, loud. Not bad, but not essential.

Celestial is like the noisy Neurosis albums like maybe SOuls at Zero and Through Silver in Blood. Pretty good actually, but I never listen to it.

SGNL>03 is where the band started changing. This is the perfect precursor to what would happen on Oceanic.

hmmm, apparently the Oceanic Remixes are coming out on a 2CD from Hydra Head this year (technically 8 days ago, if the date on M-A is correct).

That is also if the little point-whoring mp3 bitches on metal-archives aren't lying to me either, because I don't see this at all on the HH page :mad:

J. said:
Isis has a big back catalogue:

The Mosquito Control EP
The Red Sea EP
Celestial
SGNL>03 EP
Oceanic
Panopticon

The first two EPs are more sludge than anything. Very dirty, gritty, loud. Not bad, but not essential.

Celestial is like the noisy Neurosis albums like maybe SOuls at Zero and Through Silver in Blood. Pretty good actually, but I never listen to it.

SGNL>03 is where the band started changing. This is the perfect precursor to what would happen on Oceanic.

SGNL>05 is the suite to Celestial.

J. summed up pretty much the thing . Celestial gets very few spins , actually I play it nowadays in the hope of rediscovering it..

MajestikMøøse said:
hmmm, apparently the Oceanic Remixes are coming out on a 2CD from Hydra Head this year (technically 8 days ago, if the date on M-A is correct).

I don't see the interest of remixes to be frank :err:

'Bout SIS : Extra coolness for being uncatchy and thus imperishable

I love Glisten from Celestial , I'll play this right after Sigur Ros..

It's the concept of limit , omnio being + inf and SIS going towards without ever reaching it

Do you know "Drawn - A New world ?", with member(s) of ITW , pretty much ITW 2 in style AND quality . I just discovered the band thanks to Ellestin and it fucking rules .
It saddens me to hijack an Isis thread :erk:

Why is ItW being discussed in this thread?????

I need to go back to Celestial...a lot. I'm sure there is untapped beauty there. But Oceanic is the one I reach for lately. Track #8 is a monster.

I also need to go back to SGNL>05. I rarely, if ever, listen to the first two EPs. They just remind me that I could be listening to Oceanic.

Erik said:
Because I saw Dev's new avatar for the first time in this thread, and I had nothing to say about Isis. :Smug:

Oh, OK. Didn't notice. Strange in Stereo is boring. I said it, yes. Omnio and HEart of the Ages are eons better.

That being said, Oceanic and Panopticon own ItW. :oops:

I've been meaning to buy this album for a really long time, but it never really happened. I really should.

I didnt like the Drawn album or EP.

Erik said:
Because I saw Dev's new avatar for the first time in this thread, and I had nothing to say about Isis. :Smug:

You should.

Erik said:
I've been meaning to buy this album for a really long time, but it never really happened. I really should.

You should.

J. said:
Oh, OK. Didn't notice. Strange in Stereo is boring. I said it, yes. Omnio and HEart of the Ages are eons better.

That being said, Oceanic and Panopticon own ItW. :oops:

^ I agree with everything you just said! :worship: