So I just found out Isis has more than 2 albums.

I've got Isis' pre-Oceanic stuff. Like everyone else, I probably listen less than I should. Celestial is definitely worthwhile.
I'm undecided about whether I'll be buying the Oceanic remixes. I have mp3 of a lot of the tracks. Some are good--some, not so fucking much.

I've been digging the new Vancouver album. They have a similar style. Check out a track:
http://www.deepsend.com/mp3/vancouver-maraschino.mp3

Hi. I just finally got Oceanic and on I'm on maybe listen #4 but this is fucking amazing. I wasn't quite blown away by Panopticon, even though I do dig that one quite a bit, but this here Oceanic, this is the cheese. Weight... jesus that's an amazing tune.

So SGNL>03 is where I should go next? Aye aye cap'n.

SGNL>05 = sequel of the Celestial album which has little to do with either Oceanic or Panopticon. Much more industrial. Get Celestial first (i.e DL)

Cool, will do. And thanks for being so persistent with me about Oceanic. This shit is fucking amazing. :kickass:

I think SGNL>05 is their best material. Way better than any full-length or other EP. Especially Divine Mother (The Tower Crumbles). Like a city falling apart and reconstructed.

Divine Mother "(The Tower Crumbles)" is a very good song. I'd say it's on par with the song "Celestial (The Tower)" on Celestial.. Download before buying too I'd say.

i listened to celestial today...a friend burned it for me a while back and i've given it a good several well-intentioned spins but it never clicked before. today was no exception. stylistically it has glimmers of the genius that was to come on oceanic and panopticon but in terms of mood, dynamics, and especially melodic sense it comes up sadly short. i was listening at work and it really just made time drag all that much more slowly--i find it simply monotonous and for the most part sorely lacking in anything that really captures my attention at all. there are a few spots, the track collapse and crush for example, where things start to pick up but instead of the buildup and epic climax that characterizes oceanic and panopticon they go back to bludgeoning me in the head with the same one or two note riff. seriously, how many one note riffs can you fit on an album? i'm glad this wasn't the first album i heard from isis or i might have tragically written them off entirely. disappointing...it's not terribly far from being good but to me it's just a snoozer.

agreed with j below; the gap between celestial and oceanic/panopticon is huge. those two are 9+ albums while celestial is like a 5 to me :erk:

Strong lack of Mosquito Control in this thread. That is by far my favorite pre-Oceanic Isis album. It's pretty crushing.

Listening to pre-Oceanic Isis for the first time. This is a massive hop, skip, and jump away from their big dos to be sure. Their tranquil, yet chaotic soundscapes, replaced by soothing abrasion, sandpaper for the ears. Definitely material that needs time to sink, these shitty dell pc speakers pumping a max vol of 30db isn't helping matters either. May order Celestial for some proper listening.

I think SGNL>05 is their best material. Way better than any full-length or other EP.

This song in particular is fn ass. LBSH

Last edited by a moderator: