So I'm filling in for Arsis on tour

Brandon E.

May 9, 2007
NJ USA
I'm proud to be able to announce that I'll be filling in on live guitar duty for Jim Malone of Arsis on the upcoming Frets of Fury Tour along with Firewind, Nightrage, and White Wizzard! So who's going to come out and support a sneapster playing with a great band on an awesome tour? :headbang:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/arsis/arsis-touring-musicians-revealed/10150823129600203

HEADLINING SHOWS (w/ LOCAL BANDS)
10/06/11 Tremont Music Hall @ The Casbah – Charlotte, NC
10/08/11 Propaganda – Lake Worth, FL

w/ FIREWIND (HEADLINERS), ARSIS, WHITE WIZZARD, NIGHTRAGE
10/09/11 The State Theater - St Petersburg, FL
10/10/11 The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
10/11/11 Jaxx - Springfield, VA
10/12/11 Gramercy Theater - New York, NY
10/13/11 Wally’s - Hampton, NH
10/14/11 Les Foufounes Electriques - Montreal, QC - CANADA
10/15/11 Maverick’s - Ottawa, ON - CANADA
10/16/11 Peabody’s - Cleveland, OH
10/18/11 Mojoe’s - Joliet, IL
10/19/11 Station 4 - St Paul, MN
10/20/11 The Osborne Village Inn - Winnipeg, MB – CANADA
10/21/11 Pawn Shop - Edmonton, AB - CANADA
10/22/11 Duffers - Kelowna, BC – CANADA
10/23/11 Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, BC – CANADA
10/24/11 Studio Seven - Seattle, WA
10/25/11 Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
10/26/11 Slim’s - San Francisco, CA
10/27/11 Whisky A Go Go - Hollywood, CA

ARSIS HEADLINING SHOWS (w/ LOCAL BANDS)
10/28/11 The Underground – Mesa, AZ
10/29/11 Juggernaut – Gallup, NM
10/30/11 Marquis Theater – Denver, CO
11/01/11 Fubar – St. Louis, MO
11/02/11 The Mad Hatter – Covington, KY

Congrats man! Wish I could even play guitar good enough to be able to fill in for a band like that :(

Yeah. That seems a bit strange. I guess there must be some considerable obligations for the band to continue this tour without him because Jim is Arsis. We used to be in a band together back in '99-'00 and we just fell out of touch the more committed he got with Arsis. I wish him the best, hope his health is well. I gotta reach out to that guy sometime.

Congrats dude!

Unfortunately it looks like none of those shows are gonna be anywhere near me :p

Best of luck with the tour and don't forget ... Babywipes are a touring musician's best friend!

Yeah. That seems a bit strange. I guess there must be some considerable obligations for the band to continue this tour without him because Jim is Arsis. We used to be in a band together back in '99-'00 and we just fell out of touch the more committed he got with Arsis. I wish him the best, hope his health is well. I gotta reach out to that guy sometime.

People are all upset that Arsis is playing without Jim. It's simple. There were 2 choices that could have been made: cancel the tour, or hire live musicians in a very short period of time. One of those choices would have been much easier than the other. My unbiased opinion is that the band is doing the right thing, and haters gonna hate. (talking about some rabid people on news websites, etc.)

Thanks for all the good wishes, it's a shame the tour won't reach a lot of you

My unbiased opinion is that the band is doing the right thing, and haters gonna hate. (talking about some rabid people on news websites, etc.)

Trust me bro, I agree 100%. Haters are always going to hate. I don't think it's impossible for Arsis to get along without Jim for a tour. I admire the decision to carry on and get the "brand" out there to as many people as possible.

I don't want to take away from your opportunity in anyway. I wish you and the guys the best on these dates. If it was coming through Norfolk, I would gladly go to the show. Jaxx is about 3 hours drive for me. Seems like we don't get any decent shows through the Norva any more. Congrats and good luck!

Bump and shameless reminder that we're kicking this tour off tonight in North Carolina

And Rob, A Chesapeake, VA show has been added on the 4th of November to end the tour