So RE5 thoughts......

K Odell

\=/Varnisher\=/
Jan 23, 2006
Greensboro, NC
So I came home after my show the other night and my fiance' had picked me up an XBOX 360 and Resident Evil 5. So the past two days me and my bandmate Andy set out to dominate it.......and that we did. Just finished it and I have to say, it was a hell of a game. Pretty much non-stop action from start to finish. Awesome graphics and a pretty solid storyline. I think its gonna be my fav. game of the year, but then again, I am an R.E. fanboy. :headbang:

Definantly capable of being a really really long game I think. Just Andy and I decided to do it straight through with only breaks to sleep and eat haha. Its was 6 chapters long, where as I think RE4 was what 4 chapters?

ya know its a great game and all but i still cant help but moan about sheva....Her a.i is insanely iritating! I've caught her shooting walls and stuff. The controls are clumpy and the item menu being real time was abit of a pain. BUT i fucking love resident evil , thing is i got into the early games and loved them. Now we have a resident evil that isnt all that much like resident evil , at least we could get some scares?

I think i might be nitpicking with it but i was a tiny bit disapointed with it. It might be 6 chapters but its incredably short , still though its a must have game because unless they find someway to bring back wesker from the dead its the last with the original cast. Though knowing Capcom they'll rape resident evil with some more pointless on the rails shooters :(

I'm buying this game in time.

A friend of mine shared this link with me, not to far from some of the game elements:
-Link Removed-

I hope you thought to ask what your friend was doing rooting around on a white power website...

I haven't played 1 player mode yet. I played two player co-op so I didn't have to deal with Sheva doing anything crazy. All in all I was pretty stoked on it. Towards the end it gets a little rediculously hard.......for me atleast.

I played the crap out of RE4 and got pretty sick of the "human gun turret" gameplay (and the horrible story, and how ENDLESSLY repetitive it was) - that said, the freshness of the environment made me enjoy the RE5 demo enough to be interested in it, but from what I've heard about the really short length I definitely think I'll just rent (or buy it when the price nosedives)