So, What are you listening to...

Oogadee Boogadee said:
Burn The Priest.

This one is a loan from Dave.

I like it. It's Lamb Of God with a little more street anger and attitude

Once you get over Randy's horrible vox, there are some real gems in there. A nice foreshadowing of the band that was to come, with much more rawness.

Queensryche - "Greatest Hits". Just what I need. Geoff is awesome.

Annihilator - "Alice in Hell". Bonus points for album title. Human Insecticide rules - the only track with tolerable vox. The rest of the singing kinda wears the patience. The chugga chugga never stops. I was expecting more leads... but this is an all-out right hand rhythm thrash fest.

Chimaira - "Chimaira". I'm just a couple of tracks into it. They've had some great moments so far, but I know right now that i'll only be able to take the cd in small doses b/c of the nonstop barking by the stupid hardcore screamer.

Devin Townsend Band - "Accelerated Evolution" Doesn't suck as much as I first thought, back when the record first came out in 03 or 04. I just gotta skip the tracks that devin tries to do radio rock songs b/c of his singing. He's better doing the emotional screaming/singing, for me, and his voice is a little too on top of the music for the rockin' songs, where he tends to use more of a spoken voice, which nibbles butthole. Chomp chomp

:wave:

Oogadee Boogadee said:
Annihilator - "Alice in Hell". Bonus points for album title. Human Insecticide rules - the only track with tolerable vox. The rest of the singing kinda wears the patience. The chugga chugga never stops. I was expecting more leads... but this is an all-out right hand rhythm thrash fest.

Vox are better and there's a little more soloing on the second one. Waters' riffs are just totally insane. I used to play "Alison Hell" and "WTYD", and man, are they a b*tch.

Hyperplex, I'm listening to "Come Clarity" again after my, uh, crack on it Saturday night. It's better than "Soundtrack", but I still miss the melody.

I've been mostly listening to my Sirius radio. Mostly Octane, Hair Nation, Hard Attack or Buzzsaw, though I try random channels to see what other nonsense is on. I like the service, but they really need a prog station, and a non-screaming modern metal station to a bit more variety.

CD I've been listening to lately include the new Devin, Ricochet, Canvas Solaris and Degree Absolute. And I still cannot stop listening to the Redemption disc from last year...

dt

Meteornotes said:
CD I've been listening to lately include the new Devin, Ricochet, Canvas Solaris and Degree Absolute. And I still cannot stop listening to the Redemption disc from last year...

It frightens me, but I actually liked some of Devin's stuff the other night. *shudder* Next thing you know, I'll actually like Avenged Sevenfold...

Well, Ok, let's not get too carried away. :lol:

I'm listening to the new Blind Guardian single. It's not giving me warm fuzzies...

eaeolian said:
It frightens me, but I actually liked some of Devin's stuff the other night. *shudder* Next thing you know, I'll actually like Avenged Sevenfold...

Well, Ok, let's not get too carried away. :lol:

I'm listening to the new Blind Guardian single. It's not giving me warm fuzzies...
Yeah, and I still prefer A7X to Devin. ;) The singer takes getting used to, but I love some of the drumming and guitar work on it.

As far as James just discovering Disturbed, you're right, that dude can wail - I love his voice (although he's having issues right now). I also agree with your assessment of the first CD -- still not getting into Down with the Sickness.

What I've been stuck on lately though is the new Evergrey! It f**king crushes! I know some people are going to hear the 7 strings and think "nu-metal", but I'm so sick and tired of every band who does anything crunchy on a 7-string getting that label. Listening to the new one has also put me in the mood for the rest of their catalog - primarily from In Search of Truth on up.

I've also been getting into Pyramaze and am looking very forward to hearing these guys at PP. Then there is the band that Ron recently turned me onto, Nocturnal Rites. That's pretty cool too! The new Queensryche hasn't grabbed me yet, but I'm trying ;)

She Wants Revenge - These Things

They're opening for Depeche Mode on the road, which is no surprise if you've heard them. It also continues the string of DM having openers who are better than they are (see: POE for details)