So, What are you listening to...

noodlesatf said:
The vox on PP are there to be ignored.

Heh. That's my fav vocal performance of his - just enough melody to make it work, but still nice and raw. "Like an Average Stalker" is soo awesome...

My NP: Neglected Fields - Splenetic. Awsome black-ish death with cool tech moments.

Finally picked up Mindcrime 2. It has some interesting stuff on it. Not ready to give a final opinion cause it was on headphones while at my crazy day job and I didn't get to spelunk into it the way I should with a Mindcrime disc.

right this second: Nine Inch Nails - Happiness in Slavery

Kamelot - Epica. Again. :)

I love this record - I should never forget it again when listing my favorite records of all time. It's a perfect slab of powermetal for me - driving drums, soaring vocals, aggressive guitars, awesome and diverse songwriting, captured with warm and clear production.

This album has been the standard to which I've been using to measure other bands of their kind, ever since I saw them live. My first impression upon the initial listen was that I really liked what I heard (Mike was pleasantly surprised - he said "oh? there's hope after all?"). But the moment that I realized the greatness of this material was when we saw them do it on stage at Jaxx. That's also the moment that I realized that my car stereo doesn't do music justice. After this show, I popped the disc into a real home stereo and wished that's what I would have done when i first got the disc.

I'm sure I already posted about it earlier in the thread, but hell, it's worthy of multiple praises :kickass:

Hahaha, apparently I'm just like everyone else - lots of Evergrey.

But I have been listening to the new Cannibal Corpse a LOT. Who else loves that fucking breakdown on 'Five Nails Through the Neck'? Fun as hell to play :D