So what did everyone do the weekend?

My brother's in a few bands, Tezza. The one from the weekend's called Overhead Projectors. Rocky stuff..... Yeah probably is on that tram line....fucks me though! Cnr of Gertrude and Brunswick.

The Bon Jovi Show was great.

The singer did indeed sound very much like Jon but did lack conviction in some parts.He also fucked up a couple of things where he was trying to do and say stuff Jon always does.e.g at the beginning of Bad Medicine he asked does anyone have any medicine instead of "Is there a doctor in the house".He also tried to hard to do some of his moves but lacked the energy to pull it of.

The guitarist was good but not anywhere as good as Richie.He didn't even come up to par to what Stu used to be like in the same band.This was the old Australian Bon Jovi Show with a new name.

over all though they were damn good.

Friday night I went down to Fremantle with a friend, had a nice dinner, wandered around, talked etc. Got home at 4am. Only to be woken at 8.30 by Dad taking up a tilefloor with a jackhammer. Managed to lay there til 10.30 without sleeping before getting up to go to band rehearsal.

Saturday night went to an 8 band metalfest. Had a great time. Aces nearly got his nose broken through an accidental clash of heads while headbanging haha!!! Our ex-bassist showed up to the gig out of the blue and so a few of us went back to his place after. Got home at 3.30am... only to be woken up at 9am by a weird dream. Couldn't get back to sleep.

Sunday I did fuck all because I was too tired.

Saturday: worked all day, then went to a mate's house, made a fool of myself on his drum kit; headed into the Valley with him to see The Butterfly Effect.

Doors opened at 2010 hrs, bought a rum & coke with a ton of ice inside, and waited for the first of three support bands. Japunga put on the best show, beating TBE by a fair margin. Moshed so fucking hard my calves are still sore.

Bought another R&C with no ice. Some kooky chicks were around -- one of them turned around and gave me this weird look for no reason, then hustled her friends to another place :confused:

Met another UM member who I'd seen at the Opeth show the previous week; that was good. The 35 minute gap between each band was annoying. Finished by 0130 hrs, no encore. My mate's mum picked us up, dropped me at home. Went to work in the afternoon.

Apolyom-Todd said:
Friday night: Went to The Harp Hotel in Tempe to see The Eternal, Descend and Rampant. Was too buggered from work to really enjoy it though.
The Eternal :headbang: