So what else do Beseech fans listen to?

O o busted!! yes-itwasme :Spin: ooops, as I can see at the posting time my "huvud" was in the "dimma".. (blame the Vodka..or??)
Anyway besides all the music Devin Townsend makes..sonataarctica&ensiferum i like...and in the early days it was tiamat, paradise lost, typonegative to relax and testament and fearfactory to get rid of the energy inside!!! The rest í'm not gonna tell you; I will keep it for myself..... :oops:

Well, I'll write little more about this. I wouldn't probably even hear Beseech if my ex-girlfriend didn't get the Limited Edition of Souls Highway, so I coded the songs in mp3 & started listening them :D I really like the Gimme Gimme cover from Abba, fantastic cover.
Now, I actually don't listen bands which fit in this genre, I'm listening In Flames, Testament, Death, Dark Tranquillity, Kalmah, Therion, Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Nightwish (exception :D), Behemoth, Iced Earth... But I really find Beseech a good band with good music. I just went to see the official website & downloaded the clips from Drama, I like it, only thing there is no cd to buy in Croatia (or at least I haven't seen it anywhere) or to find someone that has it so I could listen the album fully (I really hate when I hear 2-3 clips & don't have the full album :/).
Ah m damn sentence, Life is a bitch :).

Hmm..I'm all about Borknagar...but also listen to Dark Throne, Arcturus, old Ulver, Nile, Into Eternity...When I get in certain moods, I listen to Beseech, My Dying Bride and Virgin Black...

Clairejamin said:
Ooh, an In Flames fan... what do you think of their new album? I'm really not keen on it, compared to their older material anyways.

Can't you order Drama off the internet somewhere? I see it on Ebay quite often.
Hey, sorry for late reply.
Well, about their new album, it's very odd. They totally changed their playing style, they are now more concentrated on "mighty" chords filling the riffs instead of melody they used to have in their songs on older albums like Clayman. But I still like this album, it's good, 5,5/10. What I don't like too much is that electro shit in the music + Anders is not growling like he used to in the old days (remembering on TJR & Clayman :cry: ). He doesn't sing too good live also... I have a bootleg from Seul year 2003, I think his voice isn't capable to growl anymore...

About Drama, well, I don't have a credit card but also I don't trust too much in internet sellings... I like to get my stuff hand into hand, just to be sure (in case someone wants to trick me, I kill him on the spot, right :Spin: :tickled: )

Good to hear you finally got Drama ;)

5,5/10?? Haha, you're more giving than I am... I really cannot rate the album, there's one thing about the music I listen to and it's that it has to grip me, it needs to keep my attention (and with an attention span like mine, that's probably asking a lot) the older material keeps my attention and just doesn't get old no matter how many times I listen to it... Soundtrack To Your Escape just fails when it comes down to that. Another thing I've noticed about the album is, it's kind of sameish here and there? I don't know, maybe I'm just being picky, but listen to 'The Quiet Place' and then 'Borders & Shading' and it's very noticeable (to me anyway...)

As for Anders' growling, I know exactly what you mean. I have a couple of bootlegs here and there aswell and he sounds so much weaker (my friend thinks he sounds a lot like Mortiis)... but bootlegs rarely capture the real deal, so I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see them (December 17th!!)

Argh god, I'm turning this thread into an In Flames debate... sorry!!

Well I listen to various music...

a few names:
13faces
A perfect circle
Ayreon
angelzoom
anorexia nervosa
Apocalyptica
Beseech
Bjork
Children of bodom
Charom
Entwine
Europe
Falco (some songs...)
Guano apes
Him
Inkubus sukkubus
Intwine
Kasabian
Killer
Leaves' eyes
Luca turilli
Lunatica
Nightwish
Poisonblack
rammstein
rasmus
saybia
Seether
Sentenced
Sonata arctica
stratovarius

well I listen many more... this are my favorites!

Almost all female fronted bands: Nightwish, Arch Enemy, After Forever, Epica, The Gathering, Lacuna Coil. Heavy power metal bands like Iron Maiden, Angra, Sonata Arctica and others like HIM, In Flames, Soilwork.

Devil Doll
Unto Ashes
empyrium
Therion
Haggard
elend
Ensiferum
Gor
Stoa
Sol Invictus
Nine Inch Nails
Explosions In The Sky
anti flag

well well ... well what can I tell
now I love (I can say)
The 69 Eyes
Type O' Negative
Entwine
HIM (my old most favourite band)
Katatonia
Doors
Godsmack
To Die For
Apocalyptica
Trail Of Tears
Funeral For A Friend
Tristania
Whitesnake
Within Temptation
Zeromancer
Orgy

and many others ...

Diary of Dreams
Entwine
Katatonia
Sirenia
Tiamat
Placebo
Goo Goo Dolls
Type o Negative
Crematory
Green Day
Tristania
White Stripes
Nightwish
Within Temptation
My Dying Bride
Orphanage
Anathema

And many more!

Blossom_blue: They sound good! And that's a fact

i like many bands besides beseech, but i do think that beseech has something special cause eriks voice is soo low, it really attracs me:)

devildriver
children of bodom
dimmu borgir
slayer
behemoth
symthomy X
cannibal corpse
in flames
emperor
iced earth
arch enemy
turisas