So, what else does the band listen to?

Cool that you were there. Sounds like you had a great "view". Me and my friend were right behind the sound board. I couldn't believe how powerful both Nevermore and Opeth were that night. Just blew my mind, and my eardrums.

Supposedly Nevermore were filming that night for a DVD but I never heard anything else about it after that night.

Nickelback is amazing. Period.

I know! I never thought I'd like that band, based on the stuff I've heard on the radio. Then I heard some of their other songs, which all had awesome production and even some surprises like double kicking and syncopated riffs.

Allman Brothers is awesome too...that was my first concert (August 23rd, 1997). They're great guitarists.

It's surprising that a progressive band is discussing Maroon 5, but of all the kiddie pop out there I'd say they are one of the most catchy artistic bands out there on the radio. Can't say the same for Nickelback, though ....

Listen to the Nickelback stuff that isn't on the radio. It's almost like a completely different band.

Maroon 5 is pretty funky. My sister is obsessed with them, so then I'd naturally assume they weren't good, but I was surprised when I heard some of their stuff. It's nothing groundbreaking, but for pop music it's much more listenable than many other things.

Well maybe someday I'll have to listen to some Nickelback albums but from listening to them on the radio, it sounds like they wrote one song and put different lyrics to it everytime. That makes it hard for me to go out and buy an album of theirs after hearing that ...but this is the reason why I don't like top 40 radio anymore and I listen to progressive music.

Eh, Nickelback is tolerable outside of the singles. They write catchy hard rock. Meh. >_>

I will admit i do have a soft spot for Maroon 5. hahaha

My first concert was nuts. It was Chevelle, Papa Roach(Sucked), Franz Ferdinand, Jimmy Eat World(Missed), Korn, and Velvet Revolver.

I went because it was with my now ex-girlfriend, whom at the time I was still getting to know and shit. >_> And I got in for free.

my first concert was projekt revolution. i'd rather not talk about it

only other one has been a7x / coheed and cambria, which rocked cocks.

My first was New Order. Then I think The Allman Brothers.

Also have seen Van Halen, Def Leppard, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Heaven and Hell, Savatage, Iron Maiden, Dio, Sabbath, Ozzy, Motorhead, Opeth, Nevermore, Into Eternity, Overkill, Living Colour, Tool, Candlebox, Prong, Machinehead. There are probably a few others I am forgetting.

Has anyone ever seen Necrophagist live? They are the only band I've ever seen that can sound just like their album live. Every note, every hit. It was incredible.

i saw them last november with dying fetus and unmerciful. they were incredible then, and im sure they are unstoppable with freakin Marco Minnemann on the drums. Good god he is amazing. i cant wait to hear the new necrophagist CD. it'll raise the death metal standards so much.

I'll ditto that. I have their Collection dvd with all their music videos, and I put that on and clean to it ... because you see I hate cleaning my house (just hate being domestic) and so it's the only thing that motivates me ... so New Order is my cleaning music, and that's not a bad thing.

My first legitimate concert was the Doors Reunion a few years back. After that I saw Rush, Gwar, and the Gigantour the year before last, with Dream Theater, Megadeth and Symphony X. And of course I saw Suspyre back at Hamilton St. Cafe around late 2005, I believe. (also Sam was randomly banned? lol)

My first legitimate concert was the Doors Reunion a few years back. After that I saw Rush, Gwar, and the Gigantour the year before last, with Dream Theater, Megadeth and Symphony X. And of course I saw Suspyre back at Hamilton St. Cafe around late 2005, I believe. (also Sam was randomly banned? lol)

Hmm...I thought I already replied to this. No, Sam wasn't randomly banned; he (unknowingly?) insulted the person who is in charge of these forums after being warned for his behavior.

My first concert I ever attended...if I remember right was Huey Lewis and the News with my Dad. However, that was not my first concert by myself. The first concert I went to without the folks was Green Day.