So who did you meet for the 1st time?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
I know a lot of us met each other for the first time on this forum.

Here are some folks I met. Unfortunately, I didn't really get to chat it up with everyone as much as I would have liked to.....

People I already knew.....
Danimal (Dan)
Diabolik (Bob)
metalprof (Ken)
BalanceofPower (Vito)
Paul, Arline, rest of Nov Doom
(Though didn't see all the guys walking around too much)
Rob and Chris

People I met for the first time
Pate (Sorry bro, don't recall your name)
AngelofMadness (I think that's your name, young guy w/Skinless shirt)
ShadowLioness (Rachel)
wildfyr (Rebecca - who took some shots of some of us)
Saladbar
MountainKing (I think, if you were the guy wearing the Sava-shirt)
Lance King (Who is the ONLY guy who actually knows who the guy in my Avatar is...MAJOR props!!!)
WillBozarth and Laura (I think that's her name, right?)

There are probably a few I am missing.

We didn't get the chance to hit the parties. I was only able to make it Saturday night.

Anyone have any good meeting people stories?
Probably you guys who were partying have much better tales than I do.

Oh man, I met so many people this weekend... I just can't remember most of them. Maybe I'll come up with a list later after I think about it.

Had a lot of people come up to me and say "You're from the CPF board, right?" or "Hey, you post on -insert board name-, don't ya?!" and conversations started like that. Was a great weekend.

have to give props to Lance King....dont know why but I figured he would be to "rock star" to talk to people. But he was really down to earth nice guy. Made the night actually.

I met the same people Jason did. It sucked that I didnt get to talk to everyone as much as I wanted. I have a huge ear wax issue when the weather changes and of course right during Thuizas, my ear popped and I was pretty much deaf in my left ear for most of the night. So it was hard to hear people. Of course it cleared up when I got home. oh well.

Everyone I met was cool. It will be cool to see you all at other shows in the future.

I went to the show with pate and AngelofMadness, but I met:

Norm (unsure what your username is)
MetalProf
Rob
BalanceofPower (Vito from Novembers Doom)
John Perez and Robert Lowe (Solitude Aeturnus)
ShadowLioness (Rachel)
wildfyr (Rebecca)
Lance King
booB

And a lot of the guys in the bands I spoke to briefly and shook their hands. It was really cool how they all came out and mingled. Also some guys from Ion Vein and Twelfth Gate at the afterparties.

actually, the only people (from THIS board) that I met for the first time were Lee and Pate, if I remember correctly... Gregg from Suspyre posted here once, so I suppose he counts too :lol:... I met a few people for the first time from the PM and ProgPower boards (Orges, Ehron, William)... Norm's board name is Normando, and apparently I met him last year and forgot, so I'm not including him on my list. :)

People I didn't run into/didn't recognize, who will be required to wear large, fluorescent name tags next year:

Rachel
Jasonic
Diabolik
Will Bozarth
MountainKing
Danimal
Angel of Madness

People I already knew; I can't remember if they all post here or not:
Chris, Rob & John
Dr. Luther (Metalprof)
John Frank
Squeak
Rob K. & friend whose name escapes me ATM, eh
Neil (skyrefuge)
Mosquito
Ralf Walter
Rebecca
Norm
Angela & Amy
Yippee-something :lol: & YardleyBates
Matt Johnsen & Nancy
Mike Blevins
Alex
The Michael
Chris Rifkin (F5)
Lance King
Tall Paul (Antithesis)

There were so few of the "usual crowd" that I'm used to hanging out with at fests, that I think I MIGHT have actually named every single person I knew. This definitely looked like it was almost entirely a local crowd.

I'm not entirely sure who all I met. I wasn't around the forums long before the concert, so I'm still not quite sure who all was who... I know I met Ken, Pate, AngelofMadness, and VegetaMan (Don't remember any of your names), and a few people recognized me immediately the second I admitted to the fact that I was there with my dad :p

I know a lot of us met each other for the first time on this forum.

Here are some folks I met. Unfortunately, I didn't really get to chat it up with everyone as much as I would have liked to.....

People I already knew.....
Danimal (Dan)
Diabolik (Bob)
metalprof (Ken)
BalanceofPower (Vito)
Paul, Arline, rest of Nov Doom
(Though didn't see all the guys walking around too much)
Rob and Chris

People I met for the first time
Pate (Sorry bro, don't recall your name)
AngelofMadness (I think that's your name, young guy w/Skinless shirt)
ShadowLioness (Rachel)
wildfyr (Rebecca - who took some shots of some of us)
Saladbar
MountainKing (I think, if you were the guy wearing the Sava-shirt)
Lance King (Who is the ONLY guy who actually knows who the guy in my Avatar is...MAJOR props!!!)
WillBozarth and Laura (I think that's her name, right?)

There are probably a few I am missing.

We didn't get the chance to hit the parties. I was only able to make it Saturday night.

Anyone have any good meeting people stories?
Probably you guys who were partying have much better tales than I do.

Wasn't me, unfortunately I wasn't able to make it down either night for reasons I won't go into.....fuck I didn't even make it to the damn Winterkill show which I was dying to see.

Wasn't me, unfortunately I wasn't able to make it down either night for reasons I won't go into.....fuck I didn't even make it to the damn Winterkill show which I was dying to see.

Ahh, ok. Saw a dude with a Sava-shirt. Assumed it might have been you.
Too bad you couldn't go..

Did that Winterkill show go down? No one has talked about it for a while.

actually, the only people (from THIS board) that I met for the first time were Lee and Pate, if I remember correctly... Gregg from Suspyre posted here once, so I suppose he counts too :lol:... I met a few people for the first time from the PM and ProgPower boards (Orges, Ehron, William)... Norm's board name is Normando, and apparently I met him last year and forgot, so I'm not including him on my list. :)

People I didn't run into/didn't recognize, who will be required to wear large, fluorescent name tags next year:

Rachel
Jasonic
Diabolik
Will Bozarth
MountainKing
Danimal
Angel of Madness

People I already knew; I can't remember if they all post here or not:
Chris, Rob & John
Dr. Luther (Metalprof)
John Frank
Squeak
Rob K. & friend whose name escapes me ATM, eh
Neil (skyrefuge)
Mosquito
Ralf Walter
Rebecca
Norm
Angela & Amy
Yippee-something :lol: & YardleyBates
Matt Johnsen & Nancy
Mike Blevins
Alex
The Michael
Chris Rifkin (F5)
Lance King
Tall Paul (Antithesis)

There were so few of the "usual crowd" that I'm used to hanging out with at fests, that I think I MIGHT have actually named every single person I knew. This definitely looked like it was almost entirely a local crowd.

You forgot about me...

:cry:

Ahh, ok. Saw a dude with a Sava-shirt. Assumed it might have been you.
Too bad you couldn't go..

Did that Winterkill show go down? No one has talked about it for a while.

Yeah I was hoping to make it down for one night....i'll probably be fairly silent on the local scene until July....

As far as I know it did, like I said I had all the intentions in the world of hitting that up regardless of my Saturday attendance at powerfest but that didn't even work out.....

Those are both me. The other guy is Tyler/Vegetaman.

See above. :p

I met:

Norm (Unsure of his username)
Boob
metalprof (Ken)
Rob
AngelofMadness (Although I sort of knew him beforehand)
ShadowLioness (Rachel)
wildfyr (Rebecca)
Saladbar
Lance King
Diabolik (Bob)
Jason

I think that's everybody...but I'm probably forgetting some people.

Well I basically saw the same people since I was with you guys the entire time :p

I met:
Lance King (I got a hug from him!)
Veronica Freeman from Benedictum,
Pete from Benedictum
Benedictum's bassist (name escapes me, AHH!)
bassist for Suspyre (again, name escapes me)

And yeardley_bates, but I don't know if she posts here or not, I don't check this board often. :(

Edit: And I met vegetaman. He attends the same unversity where I went for undergrad. :)

Who I met new? Other than some of the band members (including ReverendClayton - that sucks about the jacket), really the only "new" people from here I met where ShadowLioness (good beer!) and BalanceOfPower (I should be seeing you Wednesday, Vito).

There were, of course, all the usual suspects, especially C-Lo and Rob.

Mucho thanks to the entire gang, and to everyone I hung out with. Sorry I missed Saturday - you all have to come out and see Division next time we're town, and we'll make up for it. ;)

I met bunches of people that I didn't know, though I'm not sure I remember who they are now. :) I got to meet several members of several bands, including Atheist, Saturnus (I hung out with Lenny, the bass player, for a long time on Friday at the afterparty), Thurisaz, Novembers Doom, Benedictum, Suspyre...the list goes on and on! Friday was tons of fun for me.

Wish I could say the same about Saturday, but I spent the whole day in my room puking. I think it was food poisoning. It was terrible! I missed all of Saturday's show and goings-on except for Atheist, and I didn't make it to the afterparty because I was too drained from being sick all day. Wish I could have met some of you (maybe I did and just don't know it, haha).

Wish I could say the same about Saturday, but I spent the whole day in my room puking. I think it was food poisoning. It was terrible! I missed all of Saturday's show and goings-on except for Atheist, and I didn't make it to the afterparty because I was too drained from being sick all day. Wish I could have met some of you (maybe I did and just don't know it, haha).

DAMN!! That sucks! You came in from out of town for the weekend, and had to miss most of Sat because of being sick? Sorry to hear that.....
Hope you are feeling better.