Some questions - perhaps even a SURVEY

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Answer these, IF YOU DARE. Not many, so don't cancel any appointments you may have in order to complete them.

1. Did you watch "StarStruck", Channel 9's rip-off of "Stars in Their Eyes", on Monday night? If so, do you also think it's the funniest thing to appear on TV in quite some time?

2. Did you also watch "Desperate Housewives"? If so, ain't it great? :headbang:

3. Can someone explain to me exactly what Phil Spector's wall of sound thing is? It was referred to when describing "Born to Run" in an article I recently read.

4. Do you agree that there is, indeed, no time like the right time?

5. Are you going to one of the many concerts in February? If so, which one(s)?

1. Did you watch "StarStruck", Channel 9's rip-off of "Stars in Their Eyes", on Monday night? If so, do you also think it's the funniest thing to appear on TV in quite some time?

No. Didn't watch it.

No. Didn't watch it. Apparently it's being repeated tonight, so I might tape it if I remember.

3. Can someone explain to me exactly what Phil Spector's wall of sound thing is? It was referred to when describing "Born to Run" in an article I recently read.

Basically it's just layers and layers of instruments all filling up the "sonic space". If you listen to a Spector "Wall of Sound" song, there is just no more room for another voice or instrument in there. Anything more will just be smothered by anything else.

Yes.

No.

I think it's funny how a guy does a really bad Barry White (he was trying to sing so low, you couldn't understand him), but gets thru to the final.

No.

I think phloggy's answer is as good as any

No. There is, in fact, no time like the present.

We are going to Metal for the Brain. If we can afford it, we may go along to Shadow's Fall, also.

There's very little chance of me watching one of those shows.

Nah haven't seen it yet.

See Phlog's answer.

Hoodoo Gurus! :headbang:

Velvet Revolver. Who else is playing, apart from SOAD?

it was pretty fucking lame.
I thought it was just a big rehash of every original show in that genre(twin peaks, six feet under,nip.tuck) It's ok, but it better get better.
What phloggy said
sometimes I do, although the wrong time is certainly a much more fun time to do things
I am going to 5 of them MFTB, Isis, Shadows Fall, Dillinger Escape Plan, Pungent Stench

1. Did you watch "StarStruck", Channel 9's rip-off of "Stars in Their Eyes", on Monday night? If so,

Yes I watched it. Was probably in the top 5 funniest shows I ave seen in a long time. Was fuckin pathetic! haha. They sucked more than a full time taste tester at the chupp a chupp factory.

2. Did you also watch "Desperate Housewives"? If so, ain't it great?

No. Dunno?

Its a big wall... similar to the berlin wall or the great wall of china... But apparently its the only wall that you can actually hear from space

Nup... Cause its 10.55am.... I would much rather it be 4:30 in the arvo cause I'd be finishing work. Or better yet... 4:30 pm on Friday arvo cause I'd be heading to the Ye Olde Pube

Don't think so. Wouldn't mind going to Joe Satriani.... Have no money though

I saw about 10 seconds of while waiting for my Doctor Who tape to rewind. There was a Tina Turner impersonator on who I thought was a drag queen.

2. Did you also watch "Desperate Housewives"? If so, ain't it great?

Didn't see it. Too busy watching my shiny new Millennium DVDs :headbang:

Phlog is correct. I would also like to add that Phil Spector should be shot on sight for crimes against humanity. He crucified the Let It Be album, and "Then She Kissed Me" is one of the most annoying songs ever written.

According to Mr. P Stanley of New York City USA, "the daytime is fine time but the night-time is the right time."

Nope. Quite a busy February ahead by my standards though.

W

I found myself laughing a fair bit during Desperate Housewives. The poke of fun at the 50's style American dream. I especially loved how the blender mentioned at the start was at least 20 years old. It all blends together to create a very cartoonish and amusing world.

As for Phil, didn't he also play around a fair bit with rerecording instrument parts slightly off pitch for each new layer?