songs that send a shiver down your spine

We can both agree on that. :kickass:

Fuckin' A man, Turisas is bomb. And I really liked the first two Avantasia albums; good symphonic power metal. But the new record sounds like a fucking Bon Jovi release.

korpiklaani - beer beer

:lol: Such a haunting song.

Bathory - Nordland
The bit where it's all "Noo-o-oordlaaand!" and the drums come in is so epic.

I think that song's amazing. I don't own the Nordland albums, but I've heard several tracks from them and totally dig it. They're definitely on my list of things to get.

Behemoth - Zos Kia Cultus
Behemoth - Inner Sanctum (This has quickly become my favorite fucking Behemoth song. Just... sweet jesus.)
Behemoth - Sventevith (Version '94)
Black Sabbath - Ear in the Wall
Nagelfar - Hellebarn
Nagelfar - Westwall/Faden Des Schicksals

Amon Amarth - Cry of the Black Birds
Slayer - Angel of Death
Iced Earth - Dante's Inferno (live), A Question of Heaven, Burnt Offerings, Winter Nights
Alchemist - First Contact, Great Southern Wasteland, Anticipation of a High
Arch Enemy - Ravenous, In this Shallow Grave
Devin Townsend - Stagnant, Night, Things beyond Things, The Death of Music
Destroyer 666 - I am the Wargod
In Flames - Scorn
Metallica - Fight Fire with Fire, Fade to Black, Sanatarium
Unleashed - Midvinterblot
Cryptopsy - Cold Hate, Warm Blood
Nile - Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten

I think that song's amazing. I don't own the Nordland albums, but I've heard several tracks from them and totally dig it. They're definitely on my list of things to get.
Totally get them. Warning: first one is significantly better.
The first is full of classic bathory songs; the epic folky title track, Vinterblot, a steady, pounding thrasher, Dragons Breath (the weakest on the first disc), a balls out thrasher, Ring of Gold, a love song that could have been left off Twilight, Foreverdark Woods, a classic marching bathory epic, Broken Sword, a full-on old school thrasher, Great Hall Awaits A Fallen Brother, an epic, thrashing, kickass eulogy, Mother Earth Father Thunder, a classic Hammerheart style epic, and the pretty cool intro and outro, which do a good job of setting the mood.
Unfortunately, the classic 23 second bathory outro is missing...

I'm not going to read through this whole thread, but I'm just going to hope for all your sakes that I'm not the first one to mention A Sorcerers Pledge.

... Or Samarithan... Or The Well of Souls... Fuck, man, normally I'm pretty obsessed with Candlemass but I've been WAY too fucking obsessed with them since last week. It's like, I'll decide to turn on some music and I'll think "Ok, I'm not going to listen to them this time. I'm not. This is ridiculous, there are other bands... I'm going to burn myself out on them and I'll hate them... Something else, like... Oh fuck it".

Totally get them. Warning: first one is significantly better.
The first is full of classic bathory songs; the epic folky title track, Vinterblot, a steady, pounding thrasher, Dragons Breath (the weakest on the first disc), a balls out thrasher, Ring of Gold, a love song that could have been left off Twilight, Foreverdark Woods, a classic marching bathory epic, Broken Sword, a full-on old school thrasher, Great Hall Awaits A Fallen Brother, an epic, thrashing, kickass eulogy, Mother Earth Father Thunder, a classic Hammerheart style epic, and the pretty cool intro and outro, which do a good job of setting the mood.
Unfortunately, the classic 23 second bathory outro is missing...

Awesome, thanks for the summary. :cool: Sounds bomb man, I'm marking it up on the list.

I'm not going to read through this whole thread, but I'm just going to hope for all your sakes that I'm not the first one to mention A Sorcerers Pledge.

... Or Samarithan... Or The Well of Souls... Fuck, man, normally I'm pretty obsessed with Candlemass but I've been WAY too fucking obsessed with them since last week. It's like, I'll decide to turn on some music and I'll think "Ok, I'm not going to listen to them this time. I'm not. This is ridiculous, there are other bands... I'm going to burn myself out on them and I'll hate them... Something else, like... Oh fuck it".
ONE DAY I SAW MAN

I'm doing that with the new IF album for some reason. Been trying to force myself to listen to some other stuff with limited success.