songs that send a shiver down your spine

The way Iron Man came in at the end of the movie by the same name was pretty epic. And, no Ozzy! Win all round!

Lykathea Aflame - Sadness and Strength - 6:13 till the end.
Converge - Fault and Fracture - 4:12.
Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy - 2:05.
God Is An Astronaut - Remembrance Day - forgot what time.
Radiohead - Bones - chorus.
A Perfect Circle - Judith - pretty much whole song.
A Perfect Circle - Magdalena - 3:45.
American Nightmare - I.C. You Are Feeling Drake - 1:52.
Amon Amarth - Annihilation of Hammerfest - chorus.
In Flames - Goliaths Disarm Their Davids - main melody, especially at 4:12 when the harmonising changes.
Spite Extreme Wing - Favola d'Ermafrodito (parte II e III) - 1:18.
Elliott Smith - Angel in the Snow - chorus.
The Angelic Process - Crippled Healing - the whole song, again, really.

I like APC quite a bit despite not really digging Tool at all. Both their actual albums are pretty solid. I hear that collection of covers sucked, tho.

Lost Horizon - Pure and Voyager - To the Morning Light I think would fit in these two categories. I love my death metal but so far I've not encountered a song in that genre that really has that sort of effect on me.

I like APC quite a bit despite not really digging Tool at all. Both their actual albums are pretty solid. I hear that collection of covers sucked, tho.
I'm not much of a Tool fan either. Undertow and Aenima were good but they started using the same formula from Lateralus on up and it got tiring.

And yes the APC cover album "Emotive" did suck.

What was the name of their second record? The Thirteenth Step? I haven't listened to it in years, but now I have a craving to. It was a great record (as was Mer De Noms).

What was the name of their second record? The Thirteenth Step? I haven't listened to it in years, but now I have a craving to. It was a great record (as was Mer De Noms).

Yeah, Thirteenth Step. Blue/The Outsider/The Nurse That Loved Me. <3