songs to play an guitar

bleed for me

Sep 9, 2001
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
what are some good metal songs to play on guitar in standard tuning with some good lead and rythm that isn't too challenging for someone who's been playing for under two years?

and what are some fairly challenging solo's? (remember, i've only been playing for two years!)

thanks
nikhil

All of metallica's stuff....

Just work your way chronologically through the albums, it gets harder and harder up to ...and justice. You will get progressively better.

Then when you've done that, have a go at Megadeth's "Rust in peace" Album... Notibly HOLY WARS.........

if you have time learn Black Rose Immortal (i've not been playing that long either and i learned it the other day) as it is quite simple - except the second solo - its just long!

Originally posted by Trapped
All of metallica's stuff....

Just work your way chronologically through the albums, it gets harder and harder up to ...and justice. You will get progressively better.

Then when you've done that, have a go at Megadeth's "Rust in peace" Album... Notibly HOLY WARS.........

I agree!!!

Yeah I'd start with master of puppets only cause I think it is there best album, preferable sanitarium cause it's a fairly easy song to play exept for the solos and I don't think there are too many solos that are easy. So what ever you want to do…

Try playing april ethereal. Punish my heaven ( just go ahead and play it on standart tunning and not Eb, its almost the same, if you need a tablature say so ).

A fairly challenging solo mm...pick some helloween, try doing eagle fly free solo's i think they are hard enough for your skill but not impossible. ( also ask me for a tablature ).

hmmm.,.,.,fun stuff in standard tunning.,.,.,.well Slayer-raining blood(they are in eb but close) aaand Cannibal Corpse- striped raped and strangled.,.,also eb.,.,.,.,a good solo to learn to play is stairway to heaven.,.,.,im surprised no one said that yet.....its based on the penatonic scales..,.,.,its like the first solo I learned.,.,.aside from creeping death.,.,.good luck;)