Spiderman!

I am me. That dress last week was stupid. Of course, it was designed to be stupid to gain attention for the charity, but that still makes it stupid :)

For the record, I really enjoyed the Spiderman movie. I've been reading the comics on and off since I was seven, so I'm a pretty harsh critic :). The Green Goblin's costume needed a bit of work, but I won't let that put me off buying the DVD when it comes out.

And the first two Batman movies ruled, because Tim Burton is a genius. Joel Schumacher can't direct his way out of a wet paper bag IMHO, so I didn't bother with the sequels.

W

Tim Burton is a great director, but I think his bag of tricks is getting rather empty. Alot of his movies come across very similar, and you can tell that it is Burton simply by looking at it. I think the atmosphere in the film 'From Hell' has topped anything done by Burton though. Can't remember who directed it though...

I missed From Hell, which is a pity because I love the comic series it was based on. Anyone know a release date for the DVD?

One of Tim Burton's films I'd like to have seen is Sleepy Hollow, but its cinema run was over before I got the chance. Must hire it sometime.

I would go and see Scooby Doo, if I could stand the sight of Sarah Michelle Gellar. That might sound odd coming from someone who watches Buffy, but IMHO, Giles is the only character who saves the show from teen soap-opera mediocrity.

Angel, on the other hand, is a different story altogether :headbang:.

W

Yeah, you are right there Blitzy, all his movies are gothic and dark, but I dont think ive ever seen a bad Tim Burton movie from what I can recall :D

Scooby Dooby Doo? Hmm...... I dont know, it doesnt look like my kind of movie.......

Here goes...

Blade 2....

Great effects as the vamp's disintegrate.. but story was kinda lame... good "horror" flick though, I enjoyed it about the same as first. This one seemed even more gothic to me...

Batman....

I own all 4 Dvd's and have watched them heaps... Movie 1 & 3 totally rock so number 5 (if they make it) should rock too .. go figure..

Spiderman...

Been a big time fan since little.. movie was great, very human and so what is Kirst Dunst isn't much of an M.J. (she is supposed to be a model... gimme a break!)... the movie is about Spiderman = Peter Parker's journey. How can u not like this film, it's so well human and well amazingly awesome !

Superman...

A classic how can you compare these 80's films to the 90's Batman's... be fair.. for it's time the Superman flick(s) were great.

Just bring on X-Men, Daredevil, Hulk, Iron Man (Tom cruise !) and of course Spidey 2 !!!

Nuff Said...

Superman is still great, I wasnt saying otherwise :)

I just think the original Batman is the best comic film :headbang:

Originally posted by Wrathchild
I missed From Hell, which is a pity because I love the comic series it was based on.
Make sure you see it as soon as it comes out. I have spoken to alot of people that were disappointed by it, but I loved it. It was like a Tim Burton film, but so much darker.

One of Tim Burton's films I'd like to have seen is Sleepy Hollow, but its cinema run was over before I got the chance. Must hire it sometime.
You haven't seen it!? :eek:
Do yourself a favour!!
(Although I liked 'From Hell' much more. Both great films)

I would go and see Scooby Doo, if I could stand the sight of Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Blasphemy! :eek:
I think 'Scooby Doo' would have been great if it was made for a more mature audience, the way they made 'Josie And The Pussycats'. It has so much potential for a film like that, with drug references and all. From what I have seen and heard, it is a bit kiddy, but I haven't seen it, so I can't judge.

I think spiderman sucked. The storyline was rediculous and didnt make sense. I know its very fictitois but i mean, "A SPIDER BIT ME SO I CAN NOW FLY FOR SOME REASON. "
I picked up some good dating tips from it though.

I enjoyed Spider-Man. I always thought Scooby Doo sucked arse when I was younger, so is it likely I'd enjoy the film or not?