Spiffo's in-depth reviews of recentish purchases

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
It took me ages to type all this out, but sometimes I have to type a lot to get my opinion over with the readers.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - "All Systems Go"
Bought this when in Sydney. It rules. In fact, every song up until the slow one where Mark Slaughter sounds like Nelson from The Simpsons rules. Then it goes downhill a bit after that.

Bon Jovi - "This Left Feels Right"
Listening to it again at the mo. Not as godawful as I first thought. Bad Medicine is quite good and It's My Life is nifty, but Livin' On a Prayer is currently unlistenable.

Kiss Symphony, or whatever it's called (the DVD)
Haven't watched the stuff on disc one yet, but the concert is pretty damn good. I thought I was in luck when it seemed Great Expectations wasn't on it but it turned out that the track listing on the box was wrong. D'oh. It's a bit glitchy in places, this time at the end of Great Expectations rather than at the beginning of Shout It Out Loud

Meh, that'll do.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion :headbang:

Ashes To Ashes is such a killer song! Although I love all the sleaze/glam out there, its great when you find the bands that can actually play and write really well. I agree the album goes downhill towards the end. All the songs up to and including "That Time Of Year" are awesome, but some filler at the end though.

The debut is THE album though! :headbang: Not a weak spot from start to finish...

I actually felt really bad about buying an album featuring Mark Slaughter, but I was surprised at how well he did on this one. Not about to buy any Slaughter albums, though.

Twas the only album of theirs they had at Utopia, Troopsy - is the first one the one with the other singer?

Yep sure is. The first singer sounds like Vince Neil's snarl with an Ozzyish kinda vibe happening too, but as high pitched as Mark Slaughter. He rocks... way better than Mark I reckon.

And the guitar sound is massive! It's alot heavier, and probably the sleaziest album I've ever heard as well.

"Shout It Out", yeah that's a pretty good song but still not as good as the stuff on The Wild Life.

Check out songs like "Reach For The Sky", "The Wild Life", "Real Love", "Do Ya Know", "Shake This Place", etc.. AWESOME!