'Spring Music' Listening Habits

i usually think of the band being associated with a season if thats when i found them the previous year.... ever since i was like 10 there were a couple bush songs i played over and over again the last half hour on the way to a family vacation we go to each year, and i have never listened to those songs except then, and it really brings back all of the memories.

This is interesting; I'm listening to Woods III for the first time since the snow melted a few weeks ago, its a very strange feeling. I feel like Woods III will always be connected to this winter in my mind, the most brutal winter this city has ever experienced (100 inches of snow, nearly double the average and 24 inches more than the previous record). It's almost like traveling back in time.

I feel like Woods III will always be connected to this winter in my mind, the most brutal winter this city has ever experienced (100 inches of snow, nearly double the average and 24 inches more than the previous record). It's almost like traveling back in time.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I myself don't think I would be listening to W3 during any other time than winter. The theme, the sound, the darkness is all winter. :mad:

Ha! I won't be listening to spring music for a while. To me, Spring is that time of year when everything melts, not when everything gets buried in snow. Photos taken April 23rd. I live in Northern Alberta, not too sure if you guys heard about what's going on.

"I’m at home in the North, when I’m alone in the Northern Cold
And I belong in the North, when I’m at home in the Northern Cold"
n593041819_812774_5651.jpg

n593041819_812775_6176.jpg

n593041819_812776_6498.jpg

Though.... usually when spring hits I get to the heavier and older stuff. W.A.S.P, Iron Maiden (can't wait to see them in June), Quo Vadis, Vehemence and Hypocrisy.

I always find myself listening to a lot of acoustic, folky and calm stuff during spring. For example, I always listen to Opeth's Blackwater Park during autumn and winter, but I listen a lot to Damnation during spring. Winter has a lot more heavy and black metal stuff. Spring is all about the acoustic, and enlighted, or something like that.

Does anyone remember an issue of BW&BK w/ Dimmu Borgir on the cover, around March 2001? The first four tracks on the CD that came with the mag were Opeth (from Blackwater Park), Dimmu Borgir (from "Puritanical..." (P.E.M.)), Soilwork (Natural Born Chaos?) and Amorphis (Am Universum). I remember that being a really exciting time for metal and I.