Stage Theatrics

Decadent said:
If you're metal and you know it, clap your hands...

Thats excatly what I'm talking about, Opeth just don't need to say stuff like that to get the crowd going

Moonlapse said:
Don't think Peter appreciated being called a tall bastard, but nonetheless that scored me some liquid refreshment.
What do you mean? You called him a tall bastard and he threw his beer on you? or he bought you a beer? - Either way, its cool.

And....

Marty DiBergi: It's very pretty.
Nigel Tufnel: Yeah, I've been fooling around with it for a few months.
Marty DiBergi: It's a bit of a departure from what you normally play.
Nigel Tufnel: It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it, and I don't know why.
Marty DiBergi: It's very nice.
Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of...
Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

FUBAR said:
Thats excatly what I'm talking about, Opeth just don't need to say stuff like that to get the crowd going
but he does say stuff, like "I want you all to get fucking crazy", and "that moshing over there is turning me on"

^yea but he says it in his cheeky mikael voice, so you're not really sure if it's tongue-in-cheek

p.s. iron maiden = most theatrics/best show i've ever seen :worship:
i have seen opeth live but it was before i'd really gotten into the older material so i wasn't familiar with a bunch of the songs they played, unfortunately

RjBeals said:
And....

Marty DiBergi: It's very pretty.
Nigel Tufnel: Yeah, I've been fooling around with it for a few months.
Marty DiBergi: It's a bit of a departure from what you normally play.
Nigel Tufnel: It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it, and I don't know why.
Marty DiBergi: It's very nice.
Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of...
Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

YES, incredible quote from that movie haha

Okay - my favorite Spinal tap line:

"The numbers all go to eleven. Look...right across the board."--Nigel Tufnel

"Ahh...oh, I see..."--Marty DiBergi

"Eleven...eleven...eleven..."--Nigel

"And most of these amps go up to ten."--Marty

"Exactly."--Nigel

"Does that mean it's...louder? Is it any louder?"--Marty

"Well, it's one louder, isn't it?"--Nigel

"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and
make that a little louder?"--Marty

"[Pause]... These go to eleven."--Nigel