stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Jag är inte bakfull. jag behöver en liv.

ett liv? en liv?

the thing about using en/ett in swedish, is that you must know the definite article of the noun first.

example:

noun - liv (life)
definite article - livet (the life)

since it ends with "et" you should write/say "ett liv" when saying "one life"/"a life"

example 2:

noun - stol (chair)
definite article - stolen (the chair)

since it ends with "en" you should write/say "en stol" when saying "one chair"/"a chair"

a rule of thumb to make it easier to remember it :) for swedish people, putting en or ett before nouns just comes natural, i don't think many people here actually think about the reason behind the usage

yeah i thought that maybe the case. The teacher will have me running around sweden yelling JAHA!! VAD ROLIGT!! all the time. :lol:

:lol:

Jocke: Oh, I missed your answer, drunken post :D They sound similar to Kaamos, they were awesome live, despite worse sound they were better than Overtorture who got pretty generic after a few tracks.

since kaamos is nice, that sounds like a nice band :)

Gurra: Cool thanks! Dont they have anything to show yet or why dont they excist on the net?

Jocke: Oh, I missed your answer, drunken post :D They sound similar to Kaamos, they were awesome live, despite worse sound they were better than Overtorture who got pretty generic after a few tracks.

i think they only have a rehearsal demo as of now(i heard 1 track from it), some kind of studio recording is going to be made though :)

the thing about using en/ett in swedish, is that you must know the definite article of the noun first.

example:

noun - liv (life)
definite article - livet (the life)

since it ends with "et" you should write/say "ett liv" when saying "one life"/"a life"

example 2:

noun - stol (chair)
definite article - stolen (the chair)

since it ends with "en" you should write/say "en stol" when saying "one chair"/"a chair"

a rule of thumb to make it easier to remember it :) for swedish people, putting en or ett before nouns just comes natural, i don't think many people here actually think about the reason behind the usage

Yeah i gathered that en and ett are not chosen based on a rule, its just something you have to memorise. Im going to concentrate on learning the nouns first, then all the fruity stuff around them can come later. so until then im just going to get it wrong 50% of the time i guess :p

Yeah i gathered that en and ett are not chosen based on a rule, its just something you have to memorise. Im going to concentrate on learning the nouns first, then all the fruity stuff around them can come later. so until then im just going to get it wrong 50% of the time i guess :p

well, it is based on a rule, you just have to know how to say the noun in the definite article to know which one to use ;)

to confuse you even more though, you can say for example "bordet" (which is "the table", aka the definite article of the noun), but you can also say "borden" (which means the tables, the definite article in plural), so you have to remember that the en/ett rule only applies to the singular version of the noun.

enjoy learning swedish!