stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Finns inte folk som fyller liknande festivalerna här, de måste ha breda lineups med mkt populär-metal annars blir det inte tillräckligt med besökare helt enkelt, Sverige är ett litet land med får grannländer.

Finns inte folk som fyller liknande festivalerna här, de måste ha breda lineups med mkt populär-metal annars blir det inte tillräckligt med besökare helt enkelt, Sverige är ett litet land med får grannländer.

ironin i att hela världen ser skandinavien som metalmecca och alla i sverige tycker att papa roach är det bästa som hänt ungefär :D

anyone else read this swedish stuff out loud like theyre the chef from the muppets?

oh yeah, i have no idea what we're talking about tbh

ironin i att hela världen ser skandinavien som metalmecca och alla i sverige tycker att papa roach är det bästa som hänt ungefär :D

Thats pretty much what i was thinking, sweden is the 'home' of metal. Is it really such a small part of your population that is into metal? You don't have a huge total population, and if only a small subset that are into metal... and yet you are recognised as the metal heart of the world? that makes you seem more awesome.

ooh, ooh, me, me *waving hand like an idiot*

522510_419350314825214_498718742_n.jpg

Thats pretty much what i was thinking, sweden is the 'home' of metal. Is it really such a small part of your population that is into metal? You don't have a huge total population, and if only a small subset that are into metal... and yet you are recognised as the metal heart of the world? that makes you seem more awesome.

I think that most people here know about metal and accept it even if they do not listen to it themselves. Metal is not something wierd and scary in the eyes of the public and metalheads are not instantly reduced to the level of criminals and junkies in the mind of "regular" people. Here no one really gives a shit if you have long hair or if you are covered in tattoos or have a band shirt at work in the same extent as they do in many other countries.

And of course we have more awesome metal bands than most other countries too ;)

Like I said.. thing about Europe and all those festivals down there is that there are shitloads of countries and people living on a relatively smaller area, thats why all those festivals can happen and not here. Easier for them to cross a few countries for a festival, we have to fly everywhere, or people have to fly here. Scandinavia is isolated in comparison.