stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Vikk, is this true

aQp85qW_700b.jpg

yes it's true haha the place is called Gelson Lanches in south of Brazil. Never tried thou.

Mcdonalds and Burger Kings are pretty common here but i hate it. local burgers are much more tasty here

4.jpg

Not into the egg part but other than that it looks awesome. I still eat McDonald's from time to time but family-run local burger places are the way to go for something handmade and high quality.

People rarely eat in McDonald's here since our street food is both cheaper and pretty tasty. I remember, when i was a vegan, i had a hart time finding anything thats not made with meat. Its almost amazing how much meat people here can eat :erk:

Surprisingly not! Better than the other two I'd say, but it's on a scale of shit to piss, so who really knows? But as usual there were some references to old action stuff which was fun :)

I'm sort of embarrassed to admit I have not seen Expendables 2 or 3 still. I love the concept and the old school throwback, and I'm a huge fan of all the actions stars but somehow it slipped past my radar just long enough for me to move past to other things.

First one was great though, no matter how "bad" these movies are they work on a level that excuses it.

I like those movies...they are not great movies per se but that is not the point either is it? It is gathering all these action icons and have them kill people and blow stuff up in as many fancy ways as possible.

***SPOILER ALERT***

The only thing I really did not like in any of those movies was the fight in Expendables 2 between Van Damme and Stallone because that fight was all Stallone, Van Damme should have kicked his ass all over the place.
And also the fight between Jet Li and Dolph Lundgren in the first one because in typical hollywood manner they reduced it to a bunch of fast cuts from strange angles instead of doing in Hong Kong style and showing all the details of the fight. :(

Jet Li not kicking ass was the biggest disappointment of The Expendables, and I hear he did basically nothing in the other movies too which is fucking retarded. The guy can do shit that no one else in the cast can and they sideline him rather than use him as a masterclass hand to hand expert.

Jet Li not kicking ass was the biggest disappointment of The Expendables, and I hear he did basically nothing in the other movies too which is fucking retarded. The guy can do shit that no one else in the cast can and they sideline him rather than use him as a masterclass hand to hand expert.

Yeah but he does have some fights at least...Dolph Lundgren is a very good irl martial artist and he could have also been used so much better in fight scenes and I don't even want to mention Randy Couture...In the deleted scenes from the Expendables 2 Dvd he has some really good grappling and ground and pound going but they cut that out of the movie :(

Yeah I agree with you Caleb, Jet Li is completely forgotten in the movies. He has little screen time in the original Expendables and even less in 2 and 3. I feel like Lundgren and Couture especially are overshadowed by the more famous action heroes from years ago - it's a shame we don't get to see them do their thing :(