stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Haha well if you want to talk real-life Jet Li would probably get snapped in half by a few of the other guys, but in terms of amazing coordination and choreography Jet Li could have shined.

Randy Couture is probably the toughest person on set but he doesn't have much action star charisma when you have the other guys next to him.

Oh great now I want to watch Brotherhood of the Wolf... And it's not even that good a movie, but Mark Dacascos was awesome in it.

I have never liked Steven Seagal much. Admittedly he is another guy with legitimate skill but his movies are so lame, and he is dry as a desert.

Haha well if you want to talk real-life Jet Li would probably get snapped in half by a few of the other guys, but in terms of amazing coordination and choreography Jet Li could have shined.

Randy Couture is probably the toughest person on set but he doesn't have much action star charisma when you have the other guys next to him.

I dont really think there is a difference between on screen and of screen skills in that you cant have one without the other...Jet Li knows what looks good on screen but he is just as legit as the rest of them. They should have had a better fight choreographer to make most use of everyone.

Oh great now I want to watch Brotherhood of the Wolf... And it's not even that good a movie, but Mark Dacascos was awesome in it.

I have never liked Steven Seagal much. Admittedly he is another guy with legitimate skill but his movies are so lame, and he is dry as a desert.

I love Brotherhood of the wolf! :lol:

Yeah that is why he is perfect as bad guy...he can just do his thing and he would come off as a complete psychopat with no emotions at all!

Regardless how how much screen time they each got, I still think action-fans should go watch it right this instant! If not for anything else, then at least for Antonio Banderas - he was funny and awesome in it :)

On that note, fuck you all I'm going to bed early. Metal as fuck :kickass:

I love Brotherhood of the wolf! :lol:

So do I, but I can't understand why! It's a pretty bad movie but so entertaining (despite the quick cuts in action scenes). I just couldn't figure out why Fronsac (the main character) all of a sudden had super martial arts fighting powers at the end. Unless Mani trained him, but he seemed even more badass than Mani was at the end.

Regardless how how much screen time they each got, I still think action-fans should go watch it right this instant! If not for anything else, then at least for Antonio Banderas - he was funny and awesome in it :)

On that note, fuck you all I'm going to bed early. Metal as fuck :kickass:

It's only 3:15PM here. It's not metal to go to bed when it's daytime somewhere else.

I love the whole occult wibe of the movie, The timeperiod in which it is set is also very cool!

I always thought about it as that Fronsac attained those skills when he was in the "new world" but he prefers to have Mani kick ass for him and he doesn't show that side of himself because it would be inappropriate for someone like him who is a nobleman??

Speaking of occult vibes. There should be more Lovecraft based movies and games. The game Call of Cthulhu was awesome but I don't understand why more studios are not tapping into such an awesome mythos. There is so much material to work with.

There are a few good movies based on Lovecraft's stories but I would be interested to see some of the really crazy shit come to life. :lol:

It would be too weird and gory for any major studio and there are no happy endings nor anything even close to romance or comedy so The mainstream appeal would be close to zero....this is partly why At The Mountains Of Madness was shut down.

The studio doesn't think it will make billions at the box office so they will spend their money on something that sucks but that can be fed to the masses easily and that will generate alot of profit....

It would probably be one of the greatest movies ever if he made it!

Prometheus still kinda piss me off in that scene where the scientist just going petting a alien life form.