stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Yeah I actually really enjoy to watch The Thing movies back to back. Despite the gap in their release they actually flow nicely together

Look at the behind the scenes clip for The Thing 2011, they put a crazy amount of work into it to make it flow as good as possible with the original movie! They really spared no detail and when Kurt Russel explores the norwegian base in the original almost all damage down to the god damn axe in the wall is explained somehow in the The Thing 2011.
This amount of attention to detail is just one of many reasons why I really like it! :headbang:

That's exactly what I loved about it. The 1982 version is one of my favourite movies(despite seeing it later than I should have), and when I got to the new one I was expecting the worst like almost every modernized franchise. I loved how they went to so much effort to explain the state of the base without breaking the story or making it seem forced. It was a pleasant surprise. If they had just laid off the CGI a bit more the movie would be exactly what a great sequel/prequel should be.

That's exactly what I loved about it. The 1982 version is one of my favourite movies(despite seeing it later than I should have), and when I got to the new one I was expecting the worst like almost every modernized franchise. I loved how they went to so much effort to explain the state of the base without breaking the story or making it seem forced. It was a pleasant surprise. If they had just laid off the CGI a bit more the movie would be exactly what a great sequel/prequel should be.

Yes I grow more and more sick of CGI for each year..."real" effects like makeup and props and even bloody miniatures looks so much better. Part of what makes the original The Thing so awesome are the super gory effects!

The main reason I can't enjoy the Hobbit movies so far is due to bad CGI replacing absolutely amazing practical effects of the LOTR trilogy. The Orcs in LOTR are some of the best practical effects I've seen, and for some reason The Hobbit opted for CG, and not even good CG. It doesn't look much better than the Star Wars prequels and those looked absolutely fake and unconvincing. What a fucking retarded move.

On that topic I recently decided I wanted to watch the Star Wars prequels after probably 5 years of not seeing them. I still watch the original trilogy probably once a year, but holy fuck I don't know how I never noticed how BAD the prequels look. I think part of it was that I really wanted to like them because "STAR WAAARS" but even Revenge of the Sith looks just horrible. It's so painfully obvious the actors are trying their best to pretend there is a set and actors but the actors may as well exist in a different dimension because it honestly looks like a pile of shit.

I still dig some of the lightsaber fights but I am finally giving up the fanboy complex and realizing just how awful the prequels are.

This is how my best friend sees me in 50 years

tumblr_my8g7xIuPS1si9pgho1_500.jpg

The main reason I can't enjoy the Hobbit movies so far is due to bad CGI replacing absolutely amazing practical effects of the LOTR trilogy. The Orcs in LOTR are some of the best practical effects I've seen, and for some reason The Hobbit opted for CG, and not even good CG. It doesn't look much better than the Star Wars prequels and those looked absolutely fake and unconvincing. What a fucking retarded move.

On that topic I recently decided I wanted to watch the Star Wars prequels after probably 5 years of not seeing them. I still watch the original trilogy probably once a year, but holy fuck I don't know how I never noticed how BAD the prequels look. I think part of it was that I really wanted to like them because "STAR WAAARS" but even Revenge of the Sith looks just horrible. It's so painfully obvious the actors are trying their best to pretend there is a set and actors but the actors may as well exist in a different dimension because it honestly looks like a pile of shit.

I still dig some of the lightsaber fights but I am finally giving up the fanboy complex and realizing just how awful the prequels are.

i think revenge of the sith is a pretty good movie :) episode 2 is ok and episode 1 sucks apart from darth maul pretty much

+1 on the hobbit, dunno why he went with this approach

i think revenge of the sith is a pretty good movie :) episode 2 is ok and episode 1 sucks apart from darth maul pretty much

+1 on the hobbit, dunno why he went with this approach

Revenge and attack of the clones are not bad movies, it is just that the CGI looks so bad and dated and yes the hobbit will probably suffer much in the same way.

I'm a huge fan of the LotR and even though I've seen both the Hobbit movies twice and love the universe they take place in... It's shit. Seriously, in Desolation of Smaug (spoilers ahead) when they're in the mountain and pour gold over Smaug... That was so terribly done, much the same way the SW prequels. :puke:

I'm a huge fan of the LotR and even though I've seen both the Hobbit movies twice and love the universe they take place in... It's shit. Seriously, in Desolation of Smaug (spoilers ahead) when they're in the mountain and pour gold over Smaug... That was so terribly done, much the same way the SW prequels. :puke:

Yeah that whole "Jurassic Park" sequence with Smaug chasing the dwarfs through the mountain took away much from the movie altough I think the dragon in itself was great....In ten years I will probably think it sucks though :(

lord of the rings is for fags

hobbit is for fags who like little people

richard Kiel (aka jaws from james bond) died last night. worst september 11th ever