stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Why is there already hate over this trailer in general? I am not even referring to this forum but I'm hearing people bitch on Facebook too. I realize that the prequels have left a lot of people with a bit of a grudge but these movies should be an entirely different experience since George Lucas can't get his horrible writing shoehorned in there. Not to mention George Lucas refusal to use practical effects and real Sets so the actors can interact properly without green screens used in literally every single shot.

The trailer shows very little, there isn't enough material there to attack the whole movie. As for people bitching about the different style lightsaber, did you bitch when Darth Maul came out with a Saber Staff?? That was totally badass, so until you see this new Sith in action I see no reason to bitch. This new villain obviously has something new up his sleeve and that I like. Especially since there is a re-activated Jedi Council, the new villain needs to bring something strong and unique to the table. This guy would get a defensive edge with the handguards.

I just hope they can have some lightsaber duels without backflips and other acrobatics this time around...

I thought the lightsaber battles were one of the few redeemable aspects of the prequels. I do admit they sometimes used too much flash where it was not necessary. Obiwan versus Anakin had a bunch of saber flurries where all I could think was "and that helped in what way??", but all in all if they can combine the power and fury of Luke versus Vader in Return of the Jedi with the choreography and finesse seen in the prequels I'll be psyched. They are Jedi, they are supposed to use the force to perform feats other people can't. As long as it makes tactical sense I'm all for backflips.

I thought the lightsaber battles were one of the few redeemable aspects of the prequels. I do admit they sometimes used too much flash where it was not necessary. Obiwan versus Anakin had a bunch of saber flurries where all I could think was "and that helped in what way??", but all in all if they can combine the power and fury of Luke versus Vader in Return of the Jedi with the choreography and finesse seen in the prequels I'll be psyched. They are Jedi, they are supposed to use the force to perform feats other people can't. As long as it makes tactical sense I'm all for backflips.

My problem mainly is with episode 3 and especially the Obi Wan vs Anakin battle you mentioned...I can buy Darth maul being doing some more athletic maneuvers it just fits his character and dual light sabre style and it looks cool but obi wans constant backflipping make me want to scream and punch someone!!!

The best light sabre duel in the series so far in my book is obi wan and anakin vs count dooku because it is the only fight in which they do some genuine swordplay and they have some posture and stance etc (probably because christopher lee could not do backflips at his age).

I actually agree, that was probably my favourite dual as well and for the same reasons. There was some nice choreography there and it seemed like the attacks were stronger and more direct. Plus that's probably the last time you get to see Anakin nearing his potential before he fucks it all up and gets clobbered. Part of the reason I'm psyched for this movie is getting to see how badass Luke will have become, since he actually makes proper use of that Skywalker potential that Anakin wasted. Luke is supposed to be stronger than anyone before him, so I'm curious if Luke will end up kicking ass again.

Yeah I'm kind of a Star Wars geek so I'm overly excited... :lol:

Edit: Christopher Lee did not do any of the sword fights, the poor old dude would probably have a heart attack :lol:. He only did the close up shots and they stuck his face on a stunt man. So that fight was not slowed down because he can't do backflips, it was just a better fight. :p

I actually agree, that was probably my favourite dual as well and for the same reasons. There was some nice choreography there and it seemed like the attacks were stronger and more direct. Plus that's probably the last time you get to see Anakin nearing his potential before he fucks it all up and gets clobbered. Part of the reason I'm psyched for this movie is getting to see how badass Luke will have become, since he actually makes proper use of that Skywalker potential that Anakin wasted. Luke is supposed to be stronger than anyone before him, so I'm curious if Luke will end up kicking ass again.

Yeah I'm kind of a Star Wars geek so I'm overly excited... :lol:

Edit: Christopher Lee did not do any of the sword fights, the poor old dude would probably have a heart attack :lol:. He only did the close up shots and they stuck his face on a stunt man. So that fight was not slowed down because he can't do backflips, it was just a better fight. :p

:lol: here I thought that fight was good because Chrisopher Lee is the epitome of awesome but this just makes me hate the backflips even more!

star wars looks good. the new lightsaber looks swell.

its huge so people will hate it. if it doesnt give you that same feeling you got when you were 4 and first saw star wars its garbage etc etc.

^Yep, you nailed it. People are too nostalgic about it. I know it'll be a great movie. The two Star Trek ones that I saw that JJ Abrams did were both fantastic so I'm certain he can pull of a Star Wars as well :)