stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Unless in other countries people dont exist, or at least they are silent, dont use perfums and dont stink naturally, its still crowded and stinky. Crowds suck.

Insomnia sux ass. Its 2:24 am and im not sleeping and i even took my sleeping pill.

Well, I never sleep at 2:24 am, so i cant relate.

From the other hand today i was sleeping with cartoon network turned on tv, because my floor was doing weird noises and whyen I was falling asleep I heard a growl / snore just by my eye. It could be me waking myself up with snoring, but I didnt want to take any chances so just in case i was watching cartoons.
Fucking monsters.

Yes, 3 times. I was lucky to know whats happening to me, otherwise I would die of heart attack. Even though I knew the first time that it was hallucinations it wasnt pleasant experiance. Second time was the best, because I didnt see shapes only, but could see the "person" clearly, just some random woman, probably from my current dream, but she wasnt moving at all and the paralysis was pretty short. 3rd time was scary, but pleasantly scary, if you know what I mean. I panicked but it was fun, in the morning that is.

In Swedish folklore sleep paralysis was blamed on a nocturnal demonic creature called "Nattmara" that disguised itself like a normal human during day but at night attacked sleeping people and draining their life like some sort of vampire...the only way to defeat it was to face it during day when it was diguised as a human and tell it that it was a "Nattmara" thus exposing it's diguise. :kickass:

In Swedish folklore sleep paralysis was blamed on a nocturnal demonic creature called "Nattmara" that disguised itself like a normal human during day but at night attacked sleeping people and draining their life like some sort of vampire...the only way to defeat it was to face it during day when it was diguised as a human and tell it that it was a "Nattmara" thus exposing it's diguise. :kickass:

In polish it's called Mara Nocna, so I will assume Natt means night, right? Nocna means nocturnal, while mara would be something like a ghost, entity, spectral.
It was depicted as a monster that sits on your chest during the night (thus problems with breathing)

Yeah, there are a bunch of 'demons' connected to it in folklore, and people who believe in being able to tread the astral plane also tie it to some sort of supernatural phenomenon of a another spirit, or specifically a bad one either trying to enter your vacant body or siphon energy from it. It would be fun to believe in, just because the phenomenon does leave you with this ominous feeeeelllzzz, but cha its an explainable event with teh science.

In polish it's called Mara Nocna, so I will assume Natt means night, right? Nocna means nocturnal, while mara would be something like a ghost, entity, spectral.
It was depicted as a monster that sits on your chest during the night (thus problems with breathing)

Yeah it means night and it seems to be the same thing basically.