Steven Slate Drums 4.0

In Logic 9, OS X 10.6.8, I'm getting a lot of crashes (EDIT: these crashes may not always be SSD related), and I can't seem to open the program window more than once. I keep clicking on it to open it and nothing happens, only restarting logic 9 will give me access to the program window again.

Had the same problem. 64 bit version helps a bit.

I found i had to stop the song if playing to re-open the GUI.

well done Steven!
this plugin is really well done and easy to use!

Thanks!

Steven, do you plan any EX>Platinum upgrade plans for SSD4? I am too broke right now to get Platinum, but really want to get at least EX but it will only be worth to me if there any upgrade plans soon.

Yes we'll have EX to Plat upgrades.

Had the same problem. 64 bit version helps a bit.

I found i had to stop the song if playing to re-open the GUI.

Try trashing your preferences, this will help!

Steven

Anyone had success with loading other samples into SsdPlayer?

I have Plat 4.0 and would like to add some of Joeys samples into a kit.

Couldn't find anything in the manual, or the slate forum.

didn't you watch the video?

I did, it doesn't go into much detail at all. I can load samples into that window. But was more or less hoping for some type of multi sample option. Those 36(or however many it is) squares run out fast considering its only 1 sample per square.

Might have to run both this and kontakt.

Is there a difference in sound? For example load up kick 5 in kontakt ssd3.5 then load it in ssd4. Any difference? Seeing as I am happy with kontakt I would love to hear a/b of these 'reprogramed' samples.

Bought the EX one...@ Cubase 6.05 and Win7 Ultimate a bit buggy.
Also a bit disappointed becuase the most kits from the video, I liked, are not in the ex-version.

The user sample bank is for one shots. Right now I've got a kick with an 808, a one shot of a snare I slammed on tape ten years ago, and a kick sample with a lot of top.

For 3.5 Classic samples, you WILL hear a difference when they are being played. They'll respond in 4.0 more dynamically and realistically.

Tony, which kits did you like from the video? I put my favorite Deluxe samples in EX so it might be a matter of making the preset.

Cheers,
Steven

Hmm, did anyone else have the problem of not being able to click on the Windows or Mac installer or the License Key to get those to download?

EDIT scratch that they started downloading once one of the other downloads finished.

Mr. Slate,

How about using those empty sample banks to load my own or third party samples? I see that you say they are for 'one hits' only, but there's 32 open slots. Assuming all of my cymbal samples come with 6 multi hit wavs, that's good for 5 different cymbals to use for programming. (I'll have no problem opening up multiple instances of SSD4 in order to accommodate all of my cymbal/shell samples)

To be honest I've been using the Kontakt 3 that came with SSD3.5 and its not 3rd party friendly at all.(not your fault, I know). I'm hoping your new layout will make life easier for me. Let me know! Thanks Steven.

Hi,

Is it possible to give any more details on the upgrade path from 4.0 EX to 4.0 Platinum? I am currently a 3.5 EX user so 4.0 EX would be a dirt cheap upgrade, but I would definitely be interested in upgrading to platinum if I was impressed by 4.0 EX.

Did you navigate to it in the SETTINGS menu of the SSD Player license section?

Steven

Limiting the user instruments to one shots is pretty disappointing... why not let us use the full featured sampler to make our own multi-sample instuments? It seems like a pretty arbitrary restriction...

It would be useful if we had multisamples of other cymbals, toms, etc. we wanted to use along with a slate kick and snare, for example... A number of us did this with Kontakt, and were looking forward to not using kontakt anymore... Allowing that would give you more customers who just want to use your sampler and don't necessarily care about the included samples.

Limiting the user instruments to one shots is pretty disappointing... why not let us use the full featured sampler to make our own multi-sample instuments? It seems like a pretty arbitrary restriction...

It would be useful if we had multisamples of other cymbals, toms, etc. we wanted to use along with a slate kick and snare, for example... A number of us did this with Kontakt, and were looking forward to not using kontakt anymore... Allowing that would give you more customers who just want to use your sampler and don't necessarily care about the included samples.

I'm not buying it just because of that. Bummer Slate.