Steven Slate Drums 4.0

The Instrument Maker is gonna be a paid option, albeit a useful one.

Cheers,
Steven

Damn. The thought that we'd have to buy the instrument maker never even crossed my mind. You saying that there was going to be one earlier in this thread made it sound as if it was part of the plugin and just not ready to be released yet. I may not have bought SSD 4.0 at all had I known this.... Not cool at all.

I hope the deluxe update for trigger is pretty inexpensive for people who bought SSD 4, considering we could just print the wavs ourselves and make our own TCIs...

Steven,
I thought you might be interested in this. Norton just gave me this message concerning a threat from the SSD4 .exe file. Norton has quarantined the file. Any insight as to why this is happening???

ssd4.jpg

False positive I'm guessing.

Damn. The thought that we'd have to buy the instrument maker never even crossed my mind. You saying that there was going to be one earlier in this thread made it sound as if it was part of the plugin and just not ready to be released yet. I may not have bought SSD 4.0 at all had I known this.... Not cool at all.

I hope the deluxe update for trigger is pretty inexpensive for people who bought SSD 4, considering we could just print the wavs ourselves and make our own TCIs...

Dear everyone, if Josh pays my SSD4 development team $5,000 a week for the next four weeks to make the SSD4 Instrument maker with an easy to use GUI for Mac and Windows, I will gladly offer it to everyone for free.

Your move Josh. We're counting on you.

:ill:

Cheers,
Steven

Dear everyone, if Josh pays my SSD4 development team $5,000 a week for the next four weeks to make the SSD4 Instrument maker with an easy to use GUI for Mac and Windows, I will gladly offer it to everyone for free.

Your move Josh. We're counting on you.

:ill:

Cheers,
Steven

I actually develop software myself. Only 2 courses away from finishing my computer science degree... Just a B.S., not a Master's or PhD, but hey... I'll probably end up being a code monkey for much of my career =P I'd rather work in the music/audio industry, but the likelihood of me making as much money doing that as being a developer is slim, to say the least.

Anyways, I know nothing about DSP/pro audio plugin programming, but my point is that you said they "hard coded" the slate samples to set them up for SSD 4. The thing is, they could have just created the instrument maker then at the same time since they were already coding the necessary functions to convert/setup the samples. I'm sure they will be reusing code from then, anyways. Reusing code = efficiency. They already copied many features from Kontakt, which has it's "instrument maker" built in as part of the program. They could have done something similar within the plugin back when they first setup the SSD samples, instead of making it two separate programs developed at two separate times...

P.S. Slate sent me a PM sayin that the instrument maker will only be around $25. So, it's not a big deal, I guess. I was thinking they were going to charge quite a bit more than that.

That's really great that you are studying computer science Josh. Its a fascinating field and one that I've become inspired by. We're living in a time where software is able to do create so many complex and innovative solutions.

As for the instrument maker, when producing a program like SSD4, its all about speed and efficiency. To make a working Mac/Pc instrument maker would have simply taken time OUT of producing the actual plugin. You can't do both at the same time, we're not Adobe, we don't have that many coders. So it was just not possible.

The SSD4 team literally would stay up days in a row coding and testing this beast. Its not easy. And not cheap.

Anyway, back to the fun stuff... please post more mp3s!!!!! The SneapDub was just added to the SSD Demos player.

Steven

ok i had to put my authorization code in but i still can only use it in reaper x64 not in x32 which i prefer

Hey SLATE!! I just got the ex crossgrade (which i love) and now i am regretting not getting the platinum version is there a way I could still get the platinum at the discounted price and pay the additional $100? Thanks!!